Any legacy gear worth saving?

Haven’t played in a couple years. I was looking forward to getting out of S17 and merging my “good” gear from non-season onto the toon i rebirthed, only to notice that the mods have been buffed (think Yang’s or DML) to the point where my old gear appears to now be quite obsolete, since it doesn’t have the extra buff to MS damage.

Before I wipe all this stuff, any reason I should not? TY!

Out with the old in with the new.

1 Like

nope they are no good now use the new ones

If you didn’t use what you found, only keep decent ancients or primal that contribute to playing a build in non season or PTR testing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Only a few really old legacy items have uses since items have been updated patch after patch.

Like back in the day, puzzle ring used to summon a goblin when you were hit. The few people that have them still use them on their followers today. But that affix was changed ages ago.

Another is the Sash of Knives. Back in the day, it came with fan of knives damage. So a few people that still have them used them in Fan of Knives builds that use Lord Greenstones Fan. Other builds have surpassed that one so even few people use the legacy sash of knives than did before.

Anyway, what I’m saying, is most legacy items are useless unless you still have a few from before the Auction House was axed. Any items since then, the new affixes are better than the old.

1 Like

I sold a hc skull grasp with max cd zombie dog in the final days of ah for close to 2 bil. I saw people using them for a few years after even tho it was lvl60. Not sure if it’s still worth keeping but you should carefully look at the old items before salvaging. If nothing else, keep some for nostalgia.

1 Like

Current sheng long gloves no longer does a hadouken so definitely a nostalgia piece.

The only legacy gear I have is:

1. my Infernal Staff of Herding from vanilla D3
  2. an old String of Ears with life on hit (it rolled with life on hit as a primary affix in early RoS)
  3. an ancient Gesture of Orpheus with the higher Slow Time roll (used to roll 50-70% Slow Time cooldown reduction but only Arcane damage %, now it rolls with any of the 4 wizard elements for damage % but only up to 40% Slow Time cooldown reduction).
  4. An ancient Saffron Wrap with resource cost reduction. From back before it became a barb item. Never know when a belt with RCR could be handy!

I’d love to have a vanilla min-damage ring for testing purposes, but unfortunately I don’t have one of those.

Any legendaries with legacy powers are pretty much automatic souls. Not really any good reason you’ll want to keep an older legacy legendary with a lower power range.

RIP these two items.

Legacy Frostburn and Magefist - if you wear them and cube newer version you get total 40% bonus to cold or fire.
Legacy Thing of the Deep mojo - 20 pickup radius is its secondary stat. With cubed new version you get 40 yards radius.
Old Oculus ring - has mandatory attack speed 8-9% and you can roll additional 5-7% to get total up to 16%.

4 Likes

Some are still useful(-ish) for speed farms: Legacy Puzzle ring, 2 legacy SoJ (arcane and cold), Triumvirate (legacy had 5% boost to 3 elements).

And others are not: 2-socket Manticore or…forget…Nailbiter? Storm Crow…

(I have trouble giving things up…still have full MF suits…)

If you ever want someone to take a legacy puzzle ring off your hands, I would be willing to take it. :grin:

2 Likes

:rofl: Yeah, not the first time I’ve heard that. Of all the legacy gear, that is the least likely to be parted with. Sorry!

This.
I got a legacy ancient pair of frostburn that I use for some LoN builds.

Kept all my Puzzle rings, with merc and I wearing guarantees 2 goblins at least every 15 min. Kept my 9% IAS CC/CD rings. Kept many of my 10% IAS 2.4% life steal weapons. Sholders with 7 pickup radius. Calamaty 10% IAS, 100 CHD, 3% LS. Andarials 9% IAS helms. Lacuni bracesrs 9% IAS. Still have the 2 socket Manticores, Tasker and Theo gloves with socket, waiting for leg gems to be allowed in weapons. Lots of good Legacy items.

The OG Nat’s set gives Discipline regeneration by 2 per second. DH can especially become “immortal” thanks to Smoke Screen.

1 Like

Thanks, all, for the replies.

I was more asking about the “mid”-era stuff, from seasons around 6-7 which is when i last played, vs. vanilla-era stuff.

I do like to make my “all the best gear” builds when season ends, and mess around w/ it for a few minutes but honestly there’s not really a scenario where I see myself playing non-seasonal with any real commitment. I like seasons cuz there is some implication of “freshness” there, but D3 is not a “lifestyle” game for me.

I have some vanilla-era stuff but nothing too special. Some puzzles but, TBH I don’t play non-seasonal anyway so there’s no real point to saving any of this other than hoarderism/FOMO.

A few spring to mind. Legacy Buriza do-kyanon had like 50% chance to freeze. Legacy Oculus could roll 15% attack speed (not sure if they share a cooldown?) Legacy Star of Azkarath had 5% chance to stun on hit.

That's all that I can think of.

Stolen rings. The old ones. Pray to all the is the Light in the High Heavens you still have some.

Cuz they coo, and extra stat lines are awesome

The only legacy gear I have left is my 0-dog items. Can’t let those go, good memories…