Any build ideas with Molten Impact?

I read somewhere that the radius for meteor was 12 yards and that it was increased to 20 yards for MI. It seems like this huge AoE could be useful for area damage. The lack of WoFAT’s buff and the cool down makes it pretty much useless I guess.

I wanted to try and come up with something fun for Speed runs with this Skill. Perhaps Tals with Captains set. Anyone have any ideas?

I don’t really see that, because MI cooldown is really huge. I mean, 1 Meteor every 15 seconds? That alone is inefficient for speeds. If you really want this rune to work as your damage dealer, then you’d have to stack tons of CDR no matter what… or find other means to reduce the cool down time.
I guess, even including all jewelry slots, the limit will be something around 72-73% total CDR, unless you also use Leoric on top of the TR/CC hybrid. That would be possible, but the drawbacks are too huge. But CDR on a TR amulet? Ugh… I guess we better not go that far, so 70% CDR will likely be the maximum of what can be achieved without bending things too much.

So, cooldown wise you can expect Molten Meteors with approx. 1 cast every 4.5 seconds. Damage wise, with Crimson CDR will also be a damage buff… that’s okay. Hm. It might work, if we include Obsidian ring in the picture to bring the active cooldown down with critical hits. Alternately use Teleport/Calamity (with Aetherwalker) and maybe a channeling skill (RoF) to to maintain TR stacks, get channeling buffs and proc ORotZ while Meteor is on cooldown? I’m not sure if I like this, but it might be doable.

But honestly, I think Molten Meteors might actually work better in a LoD-based build - without set pieces you can stack CDR on amulet and belt slots and you can wear Leorics Crown, which leads to a total CDR close to 73%… without all the nasty drawbacks from the sets and required rings. Once this patch goes live I will give it a shot, I think I have fitting items for that.

Yeah. The cooldown is just too big. It’s AOE is rather large. Significantly more are than star pact. Vyrs set might do something with the whole reverse archon too. The big loss seems to be WoF:AT. That buff is disproportionate to any other skill buff

Yeah, its not really useful at any level with the ridiculous cooldown.

Maaaaybe if Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac effected Etched Sigil’s auto-casting, but since it doesn’t…and really even if it did…