Another Possible xploit?

A new video released on YT, a barbarian finising a gr 150 using a strange method… all time pausing the game and pandemoium again destrtoyin the game…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79KKFl6mylc

That’s a genuine clear, i.e. it’s not an exploit.

The reason for repeatedly pressing Escape (which is where the menus are displayed) is due to the server being incapable of calculating all the area damage being done without lag. Whilst the client is paused the server catches up on calculations.

4 Likes

yeah but the final boss?, how is possible a barb… fast kill, insane dmg

Got incredible luck by spawning the angels right at that time.

From the video summary…

This clear was done on 12/13/2019. This clear took me roughly 100 keys and about 2 hours on stream (very lucky!). To my knoweldge, this clear as of now is the first ever 150 solo clear on season (non-exploit) of any class and any region (have not checked China, so there may already be something there). The seasonal buff this season makes GR 150 extremely achievable with Barbarian, Crusader, Wizard, and possibly some other classes like WD or DH. Although it may seem cheesey or a lackluster playstyle, the season buff does spice up GR pushing and can make for some pretty nice plays. Compared to my GR 146 clear, I switched to Zei’s Stone of Vengeance over Bane of the Stricken because I am using the seasonal buff to kill the boss, rather that be the twisters from 100 or Angels from 500. I also switched to the lightning rend rune Lacerate over Bloodbath since in very high greater rifts (145+), you are rarely killing monsters so bloodbath has almost no value. As far as the clear is concerned, I think that my play was overall ok. On the 2nd map, I definitely could have clicked the conduit faster, possible even an entire minute. I needed to get all of the elites and trash as close together as possible so that I could burst everything down and spawn the Rift Guardian ASAP, in hopes that the angels do not die before they get to the RG. In the video, right as the 400 kill streak started, I quickly swooped over the pack and attempted to get the 500 killstreak angels in the right of the screen where there were little monsters and affixes. Luckily this worked and I was able to spawn the boss with the angels still up. From there, I stun locked the boss and let the angels do the work. Depending on how many people attempt GR 150 solo barb this season, I think there will be many clears and probably faster than the one that I did.
If you have any questions about the build, mob types, playstyle, etc just let me know in the comments and i’ll try to answer it. I’ll be streaming Crusader/Monk/WD pushes on my twitch (Rascalgodx) so if you are interested in that content feel free to watch.

Wow, nice work Rascal.

Angels are the final spawn. He killed very few monsters himself and the game killed 99% of them including the RG. The first floor was grouping the entire floor into one spot and killing enough to start a chain reaction of the pandemonium event. The second floor he got lucky and found a conduit shrine and basically did the same thing. Angels are the last thing to spawn and so is the RG so it’s not really luck at all. There was no other outcome the way he did it.

I attest it’s more legit than the last guy, but what it means is that Blizzard needs to nerf the pandemonium buff so that one wave can’t wipe out the entire floor. I believe I read in a patch note that Angels weren’t supposed to kill the RG solo by themselves and that’s still happening.

The 2, 3, and 4 mans are also doing the same thing to hit 150’s.

Exactly. He killed about 20-30 monsters in the entire run.

The angels can kill the RG still, you just have to maintain threat so the RG doesn’t one shot them. In his case he just stun locked the RG so that he never got an attack off to kill the Angels.

You guys do realize that the original post in this thread as well as the video and its description box content all constitute one big click bait advertisement to get the streamer more views. I was fully expecting a rickroll video. Sorry only watched about 25 seconds worth with ad-block enabled. No monetization from me. Congrats to the Barb player.

1 Like