Another Mirror Image thread, with bonus DMO

Proposed set changes without a massive clunky whitelist:

(2)
Mirror Image gains the effect of every rune.
Mirror Images preferentially target enemies affected by Slow Time.

(4)
Damage you receive is divided up among all active Mirror Images.
(Signature?) spells cast by Mirror Images reduce cooldowns of other skills by 1 second.

(6)
Each active Mirror Image increases your damage by (3000?)%.
(Signature?) spells cast by Mirror Images deal (100?)% increased damage to enemies affected by Slow Time.

It’s a clean bit of text that yields the common 80% damage reduction we expect from sets in a flavorful way.
It maintains the Slow Time focus (so we know to use it in the set dungeon) more naturally than the current set’s method.
Furthermore, Electrocute is excluded more cleanly because Mirror Images can’t cast Electrocute anyway.
Also, the 6p bonus has a couple knobs that the devs can tweak to maintain balance when Deathwish channelers get out of hand again.

Cons:
Probably overlooking something important.
Explosive blast cooldown might get out of hand. Whatever, bring back Critical Mass, you cowards.

Hm…

DMO is certainly a possible option to host Mirror Images, seeing that they can cast Slow Time. One thing that should be noted is that Mirror Images in this set should be able to cast your Slow Time and that bubbles cast by Images will count as your Slow Time.

Next thing I would like to add is that the set would split your damage taken between you and all active Mirror Images, as intended. But because there is neither a “MIs last until they die” or “MIs don’t take damage”, this would be a bit unreliable, the DR could be either 0, 50%, 66.6%, 75% or 80%, depending on how many images are alive. It’s highly likely you will have to recast your Mirror Images very often. Not sure, if you have something more in mind, to counter that…

The damage per active image looks more or less okay for spenders, but it will be too low if look at the signature skills. I guess that’s why you added the (Signature?) part on the six piece regarding the damage.

A big plus would be that your damage buff is not tied to having the enemy inside or marked by Slow Time, because that’s a huge issue with the current DMO. It might still be an issue for the Mirror Images targeting… you wrote “affected by” - that might be an issue because of cc immunity.

Then, mobility. I think Firebird has shown how important that is, especially for a wizard. So, any kind of rework should also address that, since I don’t see the devs reworking Teleport on skill level (which would fix a lot of issues).

But what really irks me is that you completely removed the group bonus. This is what makes the set a thing in multiplayer despite its obvious issues, so I’d rather have that feature expanded instead of removing it.

(2)
Mirror Image gains the effect of every rune.
The cooldown of Teleport is removed within Slow Time bubbles and for (3?) seconds after exiting.

(4)
Damage you receive is divided up among all active Mirror Images.
Mirror Images and allies take (30?)% reduced damage within Slow Time bubbles.

(6)
Each active Mirror Image increases your damage by (3000?)%.
Signature spells cast by Mirror Images deal (900?)% increased damage and reduce the cooldown of all skills by 1 second.

This gives us a flavorful Teleport, team bonuses, and on-theme Mirror Image survivability.

We don’t want MI to be immortal; nobody should get an always-on 80% DR, and three of the skill runes granted by the (2) bonus already deal with longevity and death. Also, having time-limited clones means Deathwish Channelers have to stop channeling once in a while to resummon.

The Signature Spell restriction is actually because I want to avoid boosting Hydras too much, which I think your copies can summon.