Anniversary Event coming again?

How about a new helm gem each year, PLEASE.:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Any word on a D2 20 year event next year?

1 Like

It usually starts the first week of January (the cultist pages drop from the 1st and I think the portal opens the 3rd or 4th).

While it’s not outside the realm of possibility, I honestly wouldn’t expect a new yearly event.

The Red Soul Shard Gem drop from there needs a revamp. Hey blizzard let’s improve this outdated gem. You buff all your underdog sets builds. How about to improve this gem ? His power should be based on str/int/dex amount. So according player get stronger the gem also. Thanks.

1 Like

Just to let you know (assuming you don’t know already) is that there was some bugs last year with the event. I have a vague recollection that the 2018 bugs that were fixed then were the same bugs that resurfaced in the 2019 event.

1 Like

Hey MicroRNA,

We remembered that from last year, and actually pulled the old ticket to make sure we covered everything this year.

I’m going to have to check on this but the Wirt’s Leg Pattern might still show up as a Magic but the item will be Legendary and will still drop “Map of the Stars”.

Either way, we’ll run it tomorrow internally and make sure everything is good to go.

Thanks for reaching out and the preemptive heads up

12 Likes

Crikey, you’re pro-actively testing things before they go live!
Keep this stuff up, I like it.

7 Likes

Surely the event is already in the game data and the date triggers the event?

Surely it doesn’t need patched in every year?

Considering the Wirt’s Leg has glitched past two events and both times needed a hotfix, I wouldn’t be surprised if it glitched again needing yet another hotfix.

Excellent. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Mostly players already runned this event. So to promote this event in one overall scale. The last boss on T16 difficult from this event could to drop one guaranteed primal from one item which the player has equipped. Reward could be done just once per year.

So evreybody already runned this event. Could to run again.

Pros:
This way a lot of more people will run this event.
It won’t be a dead content according game get older.
Everybody will get happy to have a chance to drop a primal weapon they use.

Cons:
A lot of players will whine they primal came with bad affixes (but it’s still a good thing next year they can to try again :slight_smile: )

It would be nice to have something like the Darkening of Tristram for D2. Maybe one act per year or something like that.

It would be nice if we can get something like guarantee primal when we cleared it for the first time?

Also, can you make the Anniversary Tristam harder than GR100+ to replicate the feeling of the helpless like Diablo 1 for the players to clear it?

Will there be a Diablo II 20th anniversary event? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want Arkaine’s Valor as a Legendary chest piece that actually counts as a legendary for LoD purposes. :grinning:

1 Like

For the Darkening of Tristram, it would be very cool if we get a new achievement, a new portrait, a new pennant or even new wings. A revamp on the Red Soul Shard gem or a new gem would be cool too.
Also, D2’s 20 year anniversary is coming next year. Can we get a special event about D2 story?
A travel to a dimension with D2’s graphics and missions would be awesome.
An adventure through time and space to discover the destiny and whereabouts of D2’s heroes.
Also, a new legendary gem: a yellow one, representing Baal’s soulstone and/or a blue one, representing Mephisto’s soultstone (as a complement to the red one we get at Darkening of Tristram event, representing Diablo’s soulstone).
Yeah, it would be absolutely epic!

3 Likes

That’s nice… does Blizzard also remember about the issue where the game is not paused during the cutscene after killing the Dark Lord ? A good laugh if you’re playing SC… not so funny in HC… when you’re killed by some monster(s) that you missed before killing the Dark Lord.

It is a pity this was not at the start of a Season as it is a great way to level.