Ancient items and the cube

Ok so been googling and come up cold I have some ancient items that I want to use for the cube to learn the recipe and put on other weapons if I did it with ancient ones will it copy the ancient title or is ancient just the quality of the item rather then the power e.g. Random gold sword turned into a legendary from the selected ancient sword that I copied the powers from with the ancient title, I do not want to loose my god gear for a test if not!!!

Only the legendary power is extracted. Makes no difference if the item is normal, ancient or primal.

You’re better off extracting power from normal legendaries. Salvage the ancients/primals for more Forgotten Souls. They run out very fast.

New to the cube? You don’t ‘copy’ recipes and put on other weapons. You extract the legendary powers - the orange text in the bottom of the legendary item description box. Then you can equip said powers, on yourself - not other items, using those three empty boxes you see at bottom of Kanai Cube window - one each for weapon, armor and jewelry.

1 Like

Ok thank you for clarifying for me will do that playing a DH Speed rift build, got a ancient bow that I want the full effect from so will grab a random magic or even my spare good bow and make a new one then :smiley:

As a general rule, don’t extract from Ancient items - use regular legendaries. The power is always extracted at maximum value regardless of the quality.

Right that makes sence, yea kinda new to it it’s easy to understand when you have help I just did not know if copied the quality so only the power at max level, gotta love the ancient gear don’t wanna lose it.

Friendly advice, if you not sure something, either ask someone first, or experiment with useless items. Don’t risk with something good.

For cube, the game guide will give you a brief understanding. But I recommend watching some YouTube video. Just search “Kanai’s Cube”.

1 Like

More friendly advice - head over to the DH forums for help on you gear choices.

You’ve got some issues on Lilliyan (like that Bow is useless plus you have a Legacy of Dreams gem equipped AND the UE set - so you get zero bonus from the gem).

Folks there will be happy to help you tweak your gear, rolls, gems, etc…

There’s also a build guide stickied so you can see what items are best for your UE Multishot.

Happy pew pew’ing!

1 Like

PMG thank you will look into that yea atm doing lvl 70 rifts with about 2 mins spare after killing the boss so would like to build a better DH for faster times atm got 3 leg gems that all help the DH just no weapon gem drops I have one but its 500+ xp when killing a monster so not any good for now will keep running want to get a good weapon leg gem hopefully soon if not I’ll stick with the ruby imperial gem for now…

There are only 2 legendary gems that aren’t for jewelry.

You’ve found the +exp gem and that is the only weapon gem. It is typically only used for leveling a new character with its rank 25 power of reducing the level requirement on a weapon to L1. Raise one of these to rank 25 and put it in a L70 weapon and a brand new character can start a game on a Torment level and reach L70 in minutes rather than hours.

There is also a helm gem that you can only get from completing various tasks in the January “Darkening of Tristram” event that is going on now until the end of the month. The helm gem periodically releases a ring of fire, but hardly anyone uses it because it stuns your character for a second when it happens.

Oh so only them two how strange but ok I have both so looking for damage ones then

Put an emerald in your bow. Highest one you can make. + Critical Hit Damage.

1 Like

i think , if you have some keys for great rifts , try to put emeralds on your armor instead of diamonds and do lvl 50/55 GR to up your gems at lvl25 min .
it will help and ,like other said , Legacy of Dreams won’t help you because you have an active set power .
try to put another gem lvl25

Looking at your DH, your quiver isn’t doing you any good - it buffs Elemental Arrow which you don’t have on your skill bar (multishot builds don’t use EA). Also on your armor a lot of skill +'s on your pieces don’t sync up with your active skills. Visit the Mystic.

1 Like

you can send me a friend request in game - can do some speed farming with you and give you drops I don’t need

PMG#1510

You desperately need to get a Yang’s Recurve now and the Deadman’s Legacy quiver for your DH. Even a normal Yangs will be far superior to any other bow even a primal. The Deadman’s will provide extra damage for multishot.

The second thing with a UE DH build is you’ll want to get max discipline on the pieces that allow it (yangs, deadman and chest). Also use emeralds in your bow for the best damage. I would suggest looking up some build guides (icy veins is usually good). Best of luck.

1 Like