Ancestors grace bug or missing tool

hi there,
Season hardcore, neck slot ancestors grace,
it triggered, was destroyed as planned, but also destroyed the legendary gem inside, no drop, not in the inventory, just gone. whilst beeing in a gr

is this a bug or known issue? and if its known why doesnt it tell in the description.

Ancestor’s Grace

When receiving fatal damage, you are instead restored to 100% of maximum Life and resources. This item is destroyed in the process.

So, you were going to die, the amulet saved you and destroyed itself (and the gem it contained) in the process. This is neither a bug, or a known issue. This is the item working exactly as intended and by design.

AFIK, The item was in the game at launch, a long time before they ever came up with the concept of legendary gems, so it can’t have been designed this way. I am sure it was designed to destroy regular gems, but legendary gems are worth a lot more…

I would guess that it was an oversight when they added the Leg gems, but if they had to make a decision now, I assume that they would leave it as-is, since it is intended to be a complete sacrifice at the saving of your hero.

I have never “used it up” before, but I have worn it many times when changing Torment levels as I get new gear in the early game. I will have to keep that in mind when I decide what to socket in it.