An option for a "Lite" installation of D2:R is needed

With the ongoing shortage of graphics cards and systems in general, anyone wanting to play D2: Resurrected who doesn’t already have a decent system with a decent graphics card is going to have to drop a lot of money now on at least a graphics card, or wait until this shortage disappears. There are bound to be many Diablo 2 players who have older systems that have no trouble playing the original Diablo 2 who won’t be able to play Resurrected due to hardware limitations.

Blizzard, please give the option for a “Lite” installation which is the game minus the graphics enhancements. There are many that would not mind running the game with the original graphics, as long as it playable. Let’s not contribute to the graphics card demand by making this game only playable on systems with high end graphics.

If you’re in favor of this becoming a reality, please show your support by replying. Diablo 2: Resurrected needs to have as much reach as possible, a “Lite” installation option will help that become more true.

Thank you.

6 Likes

We don’t know what the requirements will be yet, only guesstimates. For all we know it ends up not being that hard to run. Let’s at least wait for beta to end before worrying about performance

1 Like

I saw reports of people who would have no problem playing the original game on their system who were unable to play the Alpha because the game menu was so slow on their system. Granted that was the Alpha and a lot can change, which I hope it does.

The game must cater to all who can currently play the original game, with Windows 10 being the only requirement for original graphics play.

1 Like

Yeah as long as it’s alpha I don’t stress it. In my experience alphas are never good indicators of how the game runs at/after release.

Would be nice if the game works wonders with legacy graphics, but I don’t know enough about it from a tech stanpoint. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s somewhat heavier than the original though

There will be a nintendo switch version which makes me assume the requirements cant be that high for pc neither

No! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::eyes:

2 Likes

Just a “No!” without any reason why?
Why are you against giving people options?
Jensen Huang? Is that you? Just kidding. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the same reason people keep giving no as an answer for saying no to "I wouldn’t mind 1 extra tab, but I’m happy with the original 10x10 / None tabs.
But 10 tabs or unlimited is overpowered.

I know It’s only for the items but unlimited or 10 extra tabs is a dumb idea by players who keep their crap items in the stash." That answer was given by Nortroll, If QoL mods are a no go then for the same reason so is the lite installation of D2:R

?????

OK, you’re speaking of gameplay changes, which is a silly argument to use.

What I’m wanting is the optional ability to install and play D2:R with the original graphics only. The default option of course would be for the full game.

Also, how is Nortrolls word final of everything to do with this game?

No :face_with_raised_eyebrow: if it’s too much for your PC go back and play D2 Classic just like said to people wanting QoL mods, Oh and Nortrol was just one example of the pureists perhaps your one too? In which case you made your bed…

2 Likes

I would like to play with the old graphics, but they not changing the resolution so be a huge disadvantage, i rather they just have more options to reduce the stress on the new graphics version instead. That or give legacy version same resolution advantage.

Some of y’all probably still playing og on an emachine, lol. If your PC can’t handle, your console should. Surely you have a console unless you don’t play many games period. In any case, legacy should still be playable on older PCs, can’t see why it wouldn’t be.

No problem there dude, my pc is rocking the clocks, it didn’t come out of a crackerjack box… I’m just looking out for those that may not have as good of a system as others. Thanks for the words of wisdom though. :+1:

“Weird Al” Yankovic - It’s All About the Pentiums

Yeah I got this PC Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS Screen, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Processor, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti, Windows 10, 82B1000AUS, Phantom Black, Paying over $1300.00 just so it could play this and other games recently coming out so I could and I’m on Social Security If I could they can as well, Or deal with it as I had to until I got this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

TheGreyDeath is literally just arguing against you for the sake of arguing. That said, there’s no need for a “lite” installation option because you can just turn the settings down as I’m sure there will be graphical options rather than just being given forced choices between 4K settings and classic settings. Remember, D2R Alpha is just that, an alpha. It’s not optimized.

The graphical prowess of this game is nothing short of 10 year old aesthetics. The game looks beautiful, don’t get me wrong but games have been using this medium for, again, 10 years. There will be few to nobody incapable of playing the final product - that much I promise.

4K textures are actually a lot easier to render than people realize, especially when you employ dynamic scaling techniques used in virtually every modern game in the past 5ish plus years. Foreground objects/models get priority drawing while background and out of focus stuff gets downscaled.

It will obviously have an option for the player to adjust the graphics quality. Just like Diablo 3, or even Diablo 2. There’s no need for a “lite” version.

1 Like

We’ll see how the game menu works with the beta/final release on these older systems. The game menu on the Alpha completely wrecked systems that didn’t meet the minimum graphics requirements (Intel HD graphics for example) to the point where they couldn’t even adjust graphics options to able to go and switch it to the original game graphics.

Yeah, I know. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I looked at just upgrading my cpu n gpu and saw this. Will be a while before this gets resolve. I am not paying 900-1600 just for a gpu. I ended up buying a whole new Gaming rig. To me that is a better route than just upgrading gpu. Two months out though for 3000 series cards 2000 series are available right now. But upgrading i wanted the 3000 series.

1 Like

No I Am Not! My feeling is if QoL changes can’t be made (supposedly)because that would slow down production of the game. Now if we don’t want Slowdowns on the game Production then both QoL and Lite installation is off the table not just QoL so you trolls giving your own interpretation of what I’m saying need to :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: the up! You can’t have it both ways

1 Like

Actually, that’s the first post you’ve made in this thread that explains your reason for denying TheDarkJedi’s suggestion, lol. Congratulations, you’ve made your point now. Constructive argumentation and conversation is key here, not simply “other people said this and that” or “lol no be patient scrub” and downplaying other people without explaining your stance is a form of trolling hence arguing for the sake of arguing.

1 Like