Am I playing Firebird wrong?

This is easily the weirdest set I have come across.

I have watched the videos by Bludshed and filthy casual on YouTube. If I understand the set right, the damage bonuses only kick in when an elite is ignited but still alive. So I get a massive boost when killing elites, but I am pretty much useless against normal mobs. And I am supposed to just run around while being pelted by normal mobs in search of elites to kill.

I am getting frustrated just getting killed time and time again in T8 rifts. And it’s a shame. I lucked out with some great uniques early on (death wish, chandoto’s set, magistrate) but I just don’t have the patience putting up with this play style anymore while I farm for Typhons.

I think I am pretty much done with this season. The seasonal buff is just irritating and not really improving my mood either.

I am sorry. I just can’t. :confused:

Ah well, more time for “Slay the spire” on my iPad, I guess. Hope you are all having more fun with the game than I am.

Well, Firebird is likely the worst set of them all… right after Blackthorn’s. You have to pull around some ignited elite to be powerful but you must not kill it, because the moment you do all buffs and damage reduction will be gone. Kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me. The whole set is moronic and frustrating to play… just don’t play that set.

1 Like

You need to have 20 mobs ignited OR 1 elite ignited to have the maximum bonus in effect. It’s usually easier to have 1 Elite burning than to always ensure that 20 are burning.

Are you playing Firebirds? Then yes, you’re doing it wrong.

3 Likes