Altar of Rites not working for wife account

Me and wife play together. I am able to use Altar of Rites. When she is told to “unlock first seal”, nothing happens when she tries to interact with it. This happened when we were co-op and when I started a game with her account by itself.

8 Likes

Exactly the same situation for me and my wife - play couch coop on ps5

3 Likes

Same for me and my kids… Hope they fix priority.

3 Likes

Same for us. Logged out and logged her in first and she was able to use it.

2 Likes

We are having the same issue. Both players are not able to open the alter during couch co-op for us.

Split screen on PS5, and my wife and I are experiencing some of the oddest UI we’ve ever encountered:

Player 1: can successfully access the altar, but the ability to naviagte between the nodes or exit the node screen then passes to Player 2. We’ve not tested out what happens if Player 2 attempts to unlock a node in this manner, as we’re understandably not interested in possibly wasting altar materials or creating other weird issues due to this glitchy interface.

Player 2: unable to access the altar unless Player 1 is close enough to the altar that the “X” button prompt appears. Once in, Player 2 is ably to freely navigate and exit the node screen.

Having one player drop out doesn’t resolve this, nor does having both players quit the game back to the title screen and then one player starting a game solo. The other thing that works for us is completely closing the game entirety, then one player starting a game, doing altar stuff, then closing down entirely again and repeating the process with Player 2.

I will say that unlocked altar nodes do work for both players in split screen, so the issue doesn’t appear to extend beyond UI.

3 Likes

Do a hard reset,
We had the same issue,
Wife on xbox series s, im on series x.
Her alter didnt show up.
We turned off her xbox than unplugged from power, waited 5 minutes plugged back in and started the game and it was there.

1 Like

When my daughter was first player and she clicked to get into the altar, it opened but it opened for second player and second player had control of the nodes instead of first player. Weird.

1 Like

Same issue on couch coop for me and my partner. Are only option is to completely close the game down and individually log in to do anything at the alter.
I hope this is fixed soon its becoming annoying having to do it everytime

3 Likes

Didn’t really help any. Only the person who starts game can access altar.forgot to mention we play on P4

1 Like

We are having the same issue on our PS4.

Same probleom on Nintendo Switch … whoever has Controll #1 can use the altar … and only that controller …
And as a second player, the Husk thing where pet picks up items and salvage them … not working at all as second player.

Altar of rites not accesible on Switch consoles after Paragon 200. Pls fix…

Issue is as follows if you let your game and suspend when you come back to play it doesn’t access, you need to restart the game by going to the full Switch menu and enter the game again to get access to the Altar of Rites.

I have the switch…Altar of rites only works for the person who is player 1… As in the altar is only accessible by whoever holds the controller with 1 light on. Please fix. My wife and I play this game a lot… i had a hell of a time trying to figure out what was wrong

i play on my own, on pc, and it wont let me do anything. i have tried everything. I have looked everywhere online. …nothing

Same for me, I hope that it will be fixed soon.
Was trying on both PS 4 Pro and PS 5, 2nd player is not able to use the Altar of Rites.