Altar of Rites, etc

First, at the moment, I really don’t like the season theme. It is so over powered that I feel like I’m just face rolling. It isn’t fun!

Second, the altar’s visual is awful. It’s very difficult to tell at a glance what has been unlocked. Please make the unlocked seals much brighter or something. Make the connecting lines more visible somehow.

Third, and yes I know this is probably an aspect of the speed of the PTR, it is just too hard to keep track of everything that is unlocked. Can I have a screen that lumps all of the unlocked effects together or when I look at another screen, like the stats one, have things highlighted somehow? Difficult to test as is.

Fourth, it’s a little bit weird that some sacrifices can be made with the item in my stash, while others require that the item be in my backpack (is that what we call it?). I think all items should have to be in the backpack (other than mats of course). I tested having multiple options (for set helm and augmented weapon) and I like that you ask the player to choose which one to sacrifice. Let’s do that with all of the sacrifices.

Last, the pylon/shrine effect is way too much. I ran a GR where I had shield pylon active the entire run. Another with conduit active the entire run. The altar already provides a lot of value. Let’s drop the pylon effects and just go with shrine effects.
At the same time, it’s a bit silly that you can get bonus magic find in a GR, so maybe consider removing that one from the list of possibilities. (Honestly, removing it from the game wouldn’t be a bad idea.)

This for real… Unlocked things and paths need to be brighter, while things that are still locked need to be dimmed way down. Give it some contrast.

2 Likes

Definitely needs better visuals for unlocked seals and paths.

It’s fine. Not.

Necros can solo GR150s with the pylon power since Leech can reset the potion cooldown. Rift Guardians can be tricky but if one gets Hamelin for example, clearing GR150 won’t be an issue.

The potion powers propably need their own separate cooldowns.

I like the Altar but I agree it’s become so much op. One of the solutions is to reduce the maximum active dot become 10~15 / 26. This means players need to carefully choose the usable dot that synergy with the build.
Also, link the Altar with the armory so active dot for the rift build can be different with GR, RGK, zdps, etc.
Altar of skill will be more fun to play around with, not just for one time filled and forget.

Not just necros. Anyone with that red helm gem from darkening of tristram gets instant resets on potions when hitting a new paragon level. Wheeeeeeee.