A6 CONDEMN PERFORMANCE ON PTR 2.7.4
Our PTR Set Tracker says that A6 Condemn is a B-Tier build on Non-Season:
Set/Build Peak Adjusted Clear Average Adjusted Clear in Top 5 NS Crusader Akkhan 143.7 141.5
And on Season 27 it is C-Tier:
Set/Build Peak Adjusted Clear Average Adjusted Clear in Top 5 NS Crusader Akkhan 138.7 136.2
The play style of A6 Phalanx/Condemn with Phalanx is fine, it’s all about doing constant damage from the very opening of the rift to the guardian spawn. We hope there are enough enemies to feed our Condemn proccing Bowmen. If parts of the map don’t have enough trash, we lose progress. Mobility is VERY poor, we don’t have Illusory Boots, we have to crawl through trash like a running back does on the football field. We don’t carry Steed/Falling Sword, so it’s hard to skip sections of the map without losing progress.
It is a very consistent build with a good balance of Trash Clearing:RGK, but it can use a little more power. Matching the LoN Bombardment requires exactly +2 Tiers, or 37% more damage. Low paragon players need more damage due to their lack of defense, often they get ‘double cheat deathed’ so they take the Unity ring solo, but this is not viable in groups. The difference in the build is mainly in the jewelry:
- Low Paragon: Unity & CoE (-2.5GRs)
- High Paragon: Focus & Restraint (0 GRs)
- Very High Paragon: Focus & Restraint + Laws of Valor:Critical (+0.5 GR)
Make the Unleashed rune the default Phalanx Condemn application as a fallack solution to this bug. Implement only if you’re unable to repair the bug.
The aim is for Phalanx’s Condemn strike to be consistent across all of its runes. Alternatively, we allow the Crusader not use Condemn on the skill bar so we can instead take a different skill like Falling Sword/Iron Skin/Provoke/Steed, etc.
- Ensure % Condemn Damage affix on gear benefits Phalanx Condemn procs. It is unintuitive how it isn’t factored into the final damage calculation. (+1GR)
- Allow Unruned, Shield Charge and Stampede runes to benefit from % Phalanx Skill Damage. Using Phalanx as a spender should be an option, right now this affix does nothing.
- Allow Falling Sword:Rise Brothers to proc Condemn with the same damage values as our own summoned Bodyguards. The player can choose to use this for mobility or a temporary damage boost.
- Prevent the Immobilize Effect when Judgment’s Mass Verdict is selected, or when Judgment is modified by the Akkhan 2pc Bonus. The pull/gather effect on Mass Verdict is not noticeable to a point where it actually makes no sense to cast it for gathering.
- Repair A4’s Akarat’s Champion Bug. See this bug report. We will test survival after the repair is made.
Let Eternal Union become a staple in the build. While it was revamped, this ring isn’t used because Helm of Kassar makes it possible to continually recast Phalanx ensuring 100% uptime. Can this ring grant some DR and Damage based on the number of Phalanx Avatars?
- 5% Damage and Damage Reduction per Phalanx Avatar.
Assuming you handle #4 above, we’re talking 40-55% DR and ~40-55% Damage for the Bowmen Avatar setup.
This ring is a replacement Unity.
- Low Paragon: Eternal Union & CoE (-.5 GR)
- High Paragon: Eternal Union & CoE (+0 GR)
- Very High Paragon: F&R + Laws of Valor:Critical (+0.5 GR)
Let this item be designated for Speed builds. Replace the existing legendary effect with Aura of Judgment an effect that auto applies Judgment to nearby enemies.
The goal is to run with forward without stopping to cast Judgment.
If you implemented these request, we’d gain:
- More fluid play, no need to recast Phalanx every 5 seconds, only Judgement.
- Some flexibility in skill selection, players can take extra DR if they choose to.
- Light Mobility in push (no more running-back)
- Defense for Low Paragon Players.
- More Damage: +5.5GRs for Low Paragon Players and +3GRs for High Paragon Players
- A speed build that uses Baleful Remnant.