After I kill the skeleton king, nothing happens

Ok, I started with barb, got to the skeleton king, and couldn’t “activate” him. So I started as that archer girl, got back to him, I didn’t use a crown or anything he just started fighting me, and after I killed him, NOTHING. No portal. I used a portal to gp back to town and NOTHING changed. I figured id quit the game and restart it only to find out that IT STARTED ME FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, yet I had everything, Leroics crown, that fighter you save and get his equipment back to him, the one that takes care of the spikes blocking your path (which when I was barb, the same thing happened and I still had him, so when I got back to the point of where he needs to take down those spikes on the staircase, nothing happens, that was why I tried it again with another character). What am I supposed to do? When I did get the king to fight, I never placed no crown on his head or anything, he just started fighting right away, in my inventory I now have 3 leorics crowns. I really love this game and have been a die hard since number 1, I really wanna fix this. ANY advice would be appreciated, im at the point of getting a refund which I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DO!!!

1 Like

Sounds like you are playing the Starter Edition.
How long ago did you purchase the game and was it hard copy or download?

Hey SkullShot100,

yessquire is correct. You are on a starter version of Diablo 3 which means you can’t go past the Skeleton King. You will need to purchase the game to go further.

I just purchased the game in game after defeating the skeleton king & nothing is coming up still?

Howdy jiimbabwe,

It looks like the purchase went through so you may just need to restart the game. If that doesn’t help, delete the temporary Battle.net files while the Blizzard app is closed.

I have the same problem and I have a hard copy of the game

Howdy Fozy,

Boubou is correct. The account you are posting from does not have a Diablo 3 key. It looks like you recently logged into a different Battlenet account though under a different email which does have Diablo 3 so it looks like you may have this sorted out now. If you have any other questions about your account I suggest creating a support ticket to discuss this further.

1 Like

Hi there,
i think i have the same issue, i’ve bought a hard copy of the game few years ago i have the original box and key. Probably I had a different account back then, what to do next, how to manage this issue?

Hey BartMcLane,

If you still have the original CD key you can open a support ticket and we should be able to tell you the email address that was used to register the key. Just make sure to include the full CD key in the ticket description or in a text file attached to the ticket.