After 3 days not even one Ethereal

Got four when leveling 1-70, and 12 more until p350. And a wizzard dagger. No useful buriza for god dh. Played ~10 hours.

Drop rate should be high because the legendary power and Passive table is too bigā€¦

Same here, paragon 90 nothing. Too many years playing, donā€™t have the patience any longer for long grinds. Iā€™m out for good, I think, what a stupid season!

Maybe Headrigā€™s gift should have been an Ethereal? Then choose any set of choice???

1 Like

I got my first at level 13 (and it lasted all the way to 70) and it was the Barb one-handed sword. Since hitting 70, Iā€™ve had 5 or 6 Grandfathers. None of the one-handed axes. No off-class drops as yet. About 600 paragon.

Guessing you were tagged a trouble maker from the forums and they flagged you not to get any drops. :wink:

I foresaw this happening to be honest.

Though I canā€™t complain as I got my first Ethereal at level 7, which I happen to use all the way to 56 before getting a different one, then use that 56 to get me to PLvl160+ which I found a proper level 70 Ethereal which I have been using till now. Wouldnā€™t say this level 70 Ethereal hits the spot (not the right leg power as well as the passive being meh), but the odds are certainly somewhat in my favour.

All of this within the span of 3 days of play, roughly 10 hours in?

And yeah, I solo too. Though I played as a DH and had a tunnel vision of farming for GOD set to push higher rifts. More legendaries = more chances of it being Ethereal.

Bonus: I found a Crusader Ethereal while doing some speed GR70 rifts earlier today, guess I can push Crusaders back in line of the classes Iā€™ll be playing after I farmed up on my main DH.

The group effect is still necessary.
This is D3. D3 is not designed around solo play.
If you want to receive high yield loot, you need to play in a group. Devs know best. That is what the devs require from you: cooperation.

I donā€™t normally do this, but LOL!

2 Likes

My experience is pretty similar to yours.

Background : I am paragon 596 this season and only played monk.

I had one ethereal drop while leveling my monk (level 10). At level 70, I had 5 ethereals drops. 4 were monk specific (duplcates of two types, still waiting for the 3rd monk ethereal). I also had a necromancer ethereal drop.

Are there any special tricks for doing this? Do you try to level quickly or slowly once you hit level 10 or so? Are you doing regular rifts or bounties or does it matter?

Getting them that quickly is amazing.

I leveled a gem of ease to 25. Saved an in geom ( a weapon that can be used by all classes is fine ), leveled a character to 16+. Then I was invited into a lobby from someone having a level 12 character on torment 6. He left and switched to his own lvl 16+ character. Then we ran rifts. I had some cow lvls as well. In 1 of them I found 2 etherals for crusader in those 3 min it took to run

2 Likes

Is it important that the initial game was set to level 12 and then he/you entered it at level 16?

Yes. I think you can do a lvl 11 game, but we made a lvl 12. Cause you will need that level to farm on, since it will drop from the loot pool. And you should never join on a lower level than 16, cause that will automatically change the game level to yours, unless you are above 4 levels higher, then it stays on level 12. I had 3 for my main monk, it dropped 1 for Wizard as wellā€¦ Then I leveled a Dh and geared up, got 1. So I needed 16 for the achievement and I got it done in around 3 hours with the guy that made the game and someone else joined as well. We just speed run rifts mostly

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

No problem. So in short = Either get invited to a level 12 Torment 6 game, or invite someone else if you have a level 12 class on torment 6. The one joining needs to be level 16 or above, with a gem of ease at lvl 25 it should not take more than a minute to level up. And then just speed clear rifts or use a puzzle ring / cow level if needed

1 Like

Thanks again. This will help getting the transmogs go more smoothly.

Same. I had my doubt as well, but it worked just fine. The other guy also got his some time after me, cause he needed all of them. A couple of others reported in the community chat, that it worked for them as well.
Keep in mind, you can get the same etherals. I got 8 of the same for necro and then 5 of the other one when I only needed the last one for that classā€¦ And some rifts did not drop anything. But it was way faster than expected and easier than lvl 70 where you also need to gear your classes

I made 35 85gr solo rifts yesterday and have found 4 ethereals

Yeah, Bad luck. I got over 10 monk weapons with all kind of unique monk abilities . Those 3 below 70 are disenchanted. It gives 9-10 shards.