Aegis of Valor: Why?

Add Phalanx to it and all shall be redeemed!

1 Like

My first thought for FotH set was the same… Boring mechanics.

The DR is not HC friendly and it’s just centered around one skill.

They could have achieved a more satisfying setup with the 2pc on a Sader shield and buff FotH legendaries for use with Akkhans.

Waste of a set.

3 Likes

Ahkans been pigeonholed to Condemn though. I’m kinda of excited. I hope the rain of FotH proccs AC firestarter. Not sure if the damage is going to be relevant though without buff to Firestarter.

That is because Condemn has the highest supporting multipliers. Rather than creating a new and pointless set. Akkhan can get something like 10k % (or what ever number). Buff darklight further and give a new supporting shield. See who is still pigeon holed into Condemn.

Dont see any purpose with this set as well as the monk set, its trolling at the highest level.

4 Likes

Ya. Akkhan should’ve been buffed accordingly. Even if it means nerfing Frydehr and Blade of Prophecy.

Aegis of Valor server no purpose. Akkhan might even be better for Fist of the Heavens due to Akarat uptime and resource management.

No reason at all. It will probably suite new players/super casual players/console players who cannot/don’t want to understand how LoD works.

Monk and barb buffs all are basic-push one button oriented.

It’s unfortunate becouse previous season tweaks were more interesting.

1 Like

I don’t think so. Only reason FotH was powerful was because of how AC firestarter interacted with Fire rune of FotH and unintended stacking effect of the firestarter DoT. After the nerf it became irrelevant.

This video explains how it used to work.

I’ve played Crusader since RoS was released. I know how the Firestarter build worked. At no point have I ever said Firestarter in any of my posts because I know it is a weak AC rune.

1 Like

Well then, what makes you say or think that Ahkans FotH is going to be relevant? You should know better.

Akkhan has nothing to do with Firestarter.

Do you even play this game?

1 Like

Ahkan has to do with AC and and firestarter is an AC rune. i’m not sure what you are getting at with your accusations. Last time someone even mentioned Ahkans FotH build, they were barely doing GR 70s lolz even with the latest buff.

At no point have I ever mentioned Firestarter.

I mentioned Akkhan for pernanent Akarat’s Champion and 50% RCR because of how expensive Fist of the Heavens is to cast. Combined with Captain Crimson that is a massive defense bonus that this new set does not have. The high RCR also allows you to spam Fist with Akkhan which makes up for the difference in multipliers.

Can you please stop trolling my thread if you don’t understand basic stuff.

2 Likes

I will use fist of heavens, at least for a while because it would be something I remember playing in D2. I must have quit playing d3 or was playing on old console when fist of heavens was ever good on here.
On a side note, I would much rather have a good Zeal build to push on GR some. That was my thing in D2 and having it back would be awesome.

2 Likes

Use the belt with the set.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/khassetts-cord-of-righteousness-P42_Crusader_FoH_Belt

Sure it’s 10% less than Ahkans, but FotH is not the greatest spender. Also there is Captain Scarlett that could possibly pair with the set. With the potential additional FotH proccs from the set, this will definitely outperform Ahkans interm of FotH, just like Rolands and Seeker of light outperforms Ahkan variants.

Did you not read anything I just said?

• Akkhan ==> permanent Akarat’s Champion (NOT Firestarter)
  • 50% Resource Cost Reduction (50% Damage Reduction w/ Captain Crimson)
  • 50% Damage Reduction

Throw in Unstoppable Force for another 50% Resource Cost Reduction and 50% Damage Reduction.

Throw in Khasett’s Cord for 30% more Resource Cost Reduction and all of a sudden Fist costs almost zero Wrath and you can spam it non stop. This plus the massive defense Akkhan gets with Crimson could very easily keep the gap between Akkhan Fist and Aegis pretty close. Unless the 2-piece bonus procs like crazy.

You clearly have no idea what I’m trying to say by bringing up random things like Firestarter…

Aegis is not a well designed set for Fist of the Heavens. Fist costs 30 Wrath per cast. That’s a lot of Wrath and Khasett’s only takes it down to 20. Meanwhile Akkhan can get that down to 10. Unstoppable Force gets it down to 5. Crimson can get it down to less than 4.

2 Likes

Yes I understand what you are saying, but main reason why Ahkans and FotH synergised in the past is not because of RCR, but because of firestarter. What I am getting at is that AC is no longer a skill required to make FotH damage viable with the new set. And more than half the things you mentioned can be utilised with the new set as well, so you are basically arguing about 10% RCR.

The right concern is the survivability of the set, but there are already a few sets that rely on stacks for damage mitigation and they are doing just fine i.e Vyrs.

Anyways…

Since you don’t understand my points, can you please stop replying to my thread?

1 Like

I have to actually agree that Crusader set looks very boring…

BUT, I’m not happy or sad. Since the introduction of LoD, I don’t think I’m gonna return to sets for quite a while now. I’m tired of sets anyways so no problems there.

1 Like

I’m just bummed because this looks like a wasted opportunity and will only dilute the Crusader item pool.

1 Like

It does look extremely boring and uninspired.

Pick underused skill - check!
Toss on a damage multiplier - check!

OK guys. Let’s call it a day and go get some drinks!

4 Likes