Aegis of Valor: The New Fist of the Heavens Set

the defensive buff is really annoying. 1% per hit and it only lasts 5 secs. lol

If it’s gonna be stack based, it should last at least 20 secs, otherwise make it the full 50% on the first hit.

I don’t hate that it doesn’t have synergy with anything, just pure Fist of Heavens, because then we can just use whichever skills we like (which will likely be a combo of buffs like Iron Skin, hulk, Steed, Aura, etc.)

I thought it actually lasted 10 seconds? At least that’s what some streamers have said.

Never understood that, your idea is much better.

Agis is trash, no different than when Rolands/Invoker went live. Those sets were garbage for years.

Why do they (the devs) do this I wonder? Release something they know isn’t going to be played because it’s under powered?

It’s whatever. It literally takes 1 second to get 50 stacks. You use your skill like twice and you have your stacks. People who complain about the stacks on the set completely miss the issue with the toughness. 50%. Is. Not. Enough.

2 Likes

Agreed. Just setting the record straight, since the patch notes are incorrect.

In defense of the Devs, though, I can see why they started at 50%. There’s a lot of freedom with the gearing options in the set. Shield, weapon, bracers, jewelry, belt are all open slots. The problem is that supporting legendaries with a “purpose” are much more powerful than generic buffs.

If I had to choose between getting more supporting items for the set or just buffing the set bonuses, I’d take the former. I’m afraid it’s too late for this patch though.

I was able to solve the toughness and resource issues more or less to my satisfaction, but I couldn’t help but feel like the build was basically WoL Crusader edition. On that note, I think what this set needs most is a Pinto’s Pride like item, that increases damage and applies a slow at ranged to make kiting easier and allow for trapped at range more easily.

I would like to see the damage of the runes balanced, though. Fissure seemed far and away the strongest but Retribution (combined with Holy Cause) felt much sturdier.

It also seemed a little odd to me that they specifically mentioned releasing these first due to their holy theme, yet neither the Monk nor the Crusader will use the holy runes for the skills the new sets buffed.

You don’t want more supporting legendaries unless it makes the build do something completely new. Additional items cause gear lock, fewer variants, less utility offered in groups. I hope we see meaty bonuses to Darklight and Khassett’s Cord, and of course the 4pc bonus.

Falling Sword is low frequency supplemental damage. It does require another legendary item because there’s only one: Cam’s Rebuttal.

Some ideas:

• Add Falling Sword to Aegis of Valor 6pc.
  • Increase the Falling Sword Seeker of the Light 6pc bonus to 10,000%.
  • Edit Faithful Memory so it buffs Falling Sword’s damage too.
  • Cam’s Rebuttal should get a monstrous 5000% damage modifier.

That second jump should hit big. The build would play like a pogo-stick, as you know jumping a lot can be risky for Faithful Memory stacks.

If Blessed Hammer strikes the first 3 enemies hit 50T @ 4APS, Falling Sword would hit everything in a 14 yards AoE for like 160T.

2 Likes