Aegis of Valor: Flavor of Time or HellFire Amulet?

I have a hellfire amulet from long time ago:
+20% Holy Damage
+96%CHD
+9%CHC
Heavenly Strength
Non-Ancient

And my best Flavor of Time:
+17% Life
+99% CHD
+9.5% CHC
+8% CDR
Non-Ancient

I am playing Lazy Shotgun, using 2hander Fate of the Fell. Obviously lacking enough CDR to maintain AC and relies solely of alternating AC with IronSkin for DR.

Question:

1. Is the double pylon time better than extra passive and +20% Holy?

I doubt I will be able to farm a suitable Flavor of Time anytime soon. I doubt i can find a good one even if I play for a year!

Can I ask what two rings you’re wearing and what three gems? I’ve been experimenting with different setups. I’ve also seen Laws of Valor - Unstoppable Force on a lazy shotgun build but I don’t see why that build would benefit from attack speed and reduced Wrath cost. A defensive Law seems more appropriate.

The two rings are Justice Lantern (for block) and Zodiac (for CD proc). Both have nice rolls. Gems, the usual Trap, Gogok and Esoteric.

I dont see any benefit from Attack speed to a lazy shotgun build other than proc Zodiac a little faster. So I dropped Laws and went for Provoke Hit Me for more Block chance. This build is great against large pack but suck against RGs that does not attack much (does not proc Ivory Tower often).

I tried using COE and SOJ instead of Justice but I died very frequently, I went back for Justice.

Thx for the reply. I’ve been using Justice Lantern and Compass Rose (with Traveler’s Pledge amulet of course). I’ll try Zodiac and a decent FoT. It’s hard to say if a really good Hellfire, like yours, is better than a mediocre FoT. On a good map with good pylon types and placing an FoT should be a good deal better I think. The extra passive from Hellfire wil mostly gain some defense and survivability (which can be great of course).

I use the same gems. Only asked because RG fights start to drag on the higher you go.

BTW, the lazy build also uses the Blessed Ground rune?

Flavor of Time is BiS in most cases; with the coming of this amuleth and Squirt’s Necklace, Hellfire Amuleth is basically dead.

Hellfire is useless for grifts. FoT gives 1 min Conduit, it’s the key to victory in most cases. So JL, CoE, Fot and the gems are BotT, EA or Gogok ( there is a player on the US ladder who downed a seasonal 141 with Lazy Shotgun + Gogok at ~2000 para ), and sooner or later BotS.

Actually, Zodiac is also uselless for Lazy Shotgun/Blessed Ground… you may have to fish a “right” Rift Guardian - Orlash, Hamelin, Saxris etc.

Yes. They say it procs Fury shield twice; once for the ground effect, once for the heavenly ray. Do not know if thats true though, but I did once tried using “Fires of heaven” to proc Fury Shield, I did better with Blessed ground in the end.

Thats what I thought so too. But RNGesus is not on my side. No good FoT :frowning:

WHY?

I do feel that “Fist of Heaven” isn’t procing Zodiac though. Many a times when AC is on cooldown, I deliberately not use HF, Judgement, Provoke, IronSkin just to get AC up, but I am not getting it. It appears to me that Valor’s 4pc is preventing Fist of Heaven to proc Zodiac. But I am not so sure if this is indeed true.

I just had a fight with Infernal Maiden. OUCH! She pack heavy punches and does not proc Ivory Tower that often when she whirlwinds. not a good RG for lazy shotgun. Orlash is definitely lazy’s best friend.

I don’t know either - seems like AoV’s 4pc makes FoH a generator and thus prevents procing Zodiac.

Even if Zodiac works with FoH, that proс and just 7% as aren’t a equal replacement, imao, for CoE with its great 200% buff and 50% crit damage. Personally, I use Unity because incoming damage is too high on 135+ and I’m a mediocre player, but CoE seems like BiS here.

Maiden isn’t as bad as some others… for example, Vesalius or Bloodmouth. Choker is really bad, don’t know why, but killing it takes a lot of time. However, in the season RG’s killing is about Pandemonium buffs - 100, 150 or Angels.

That HF is quite nice. I’d prefer it just for the 20% holy alone.

i hate how Flavor of time has invalidated so many builds with its stupid effect.
Genuinely hate it.

What ? Flavor at best replaces hellfire. It doesn’t make or break any build.

any build that requires a set neck piece is deaded. Because of Flavor of Time

No. Just look at sunwuko TR, currently the best monk build. Uses a swk amulet. Roland is probably still best played with traveler’s pledge. So is Akkhan condemn. And invoker too I believe.

It just happens that for crusader, the best build uses flavor but that’s not because flavor is too strong, it’s because it’s the best option.

Roland is bad.
Condemn is bad.
Invoker is bad.
And they are all bad compared to Shotgun, for the sole reason that they CANT use FoT.

Ok, at that point you are either trolling or delusional so I don’t see the point in argueing further.

1 Like

The point of PhearBunny, if I understood it correctly, is that with this stupid policy of pumping every season one build, all other class builds become useless and boring / annoying to play.
For example I like playing Roland, Condemn, Invoker and Capt. America but I am forced to play AoV because of the insane difference in terms of damage.
This is not an only Crusader issue; same for Wizard Chantodo before nerf, or Bazooka Wizard now. This is a stupid policy I repeat, but they simply don’t understand it’s wrong and not regarding. And don’t tell me it’s difficult to balance because this is the company policy, not a “difficult programming / balancing problem”. 20 GR of difference are not just a mistake.
Best season was that of RoRG bonus because of the variety of builds playable at high levels (even though Invoker was best, but not 20 GR better of other builds like now AoV).

1 Like