Aegis of Valor 2 piece bonus

Back in ptr the 2 piece set bonus had an effect where Fist of the Heavens could chain to other enemies and cast again. I think this is a very interesting effect and seeing that the Crusader only has 2 synergy items for Fist of the Heavens, Darklight and Khassetts cord of Righteousness. Possibly this effect can be appended the the Belt, or made into a Crusader Shield so that we may have more synergies for Fist of the heavens.

1 Like

Was searching the whole forum for a post like that. The old 2p bonus of AoV should come back as a shield/weapon legendary affix.

Crus Shield/Weapon:
The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens deal 200-350% increased damage and has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens.

As a weapon to eliminate Norvald’s, since it is clunky and unfitting.

A 300-400% FotH damage on a shield would be excellent with a 33% chance to land another FotH. That is high S-Tier territory.

2 Likes

At least it’s a super fast T16, Bounties, etc build. If the code lies still around why not use it?

I don’t remember if this iteration of the build caused server lag?

The current version causes some sick lag in high 4-player GR.

1 Like

An upgrade to Darklight would be even stronger as it would solve several problems at once:

1. Solve the Wrath management issue on certain RGs;
  2. Make FotH a respectable secondary damage source in AoV (after all, the armor set bonuses claim to have something to do with boosting FotH damage, yet we all know that is purely cosmetic in GR pushing);
  3. Provide better cooldowns via
    a. return of Fervor passive;
    b. improved attack speed;
  4. Give us a T-XVI farming boost (restored boost, mind you, as AoV itself has just taken yet another nerf, thus killing what little damage FotH was doing in the first place).

–H

P.S. Say…give Darklight a +10-15% to Heaven’s Fury (in Primary stat area) and change the 1000% FotH damage on Darklight to 4000%? [haven’t done the exact math here and am too lazy to do so now, so don’t quote me on the numbers]

That is an awful lot of power to invest into one item. Darklight becomes an insanely strong find when leveling up 1-70.

When you take Norvald’s out of the equation FotH requires a 12-13GR buff, or a 700% damage modifier to match the power of Heaven’s Fury. That must be kept in mind if you’re planning to marry FotH and HF together into a single build using a weapon.

Secondly, Khassett’s Cord must be equipped, which reduces survival or AC uptime depending upon your armor cube. Plus there is the element mismatch to factor between the two skills.

They can very easily can add FotH to the 2pc bonus:

Aegis of Valor
2pc: Attacking with Fists of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven’s Fury and Fists of the Heavens to deal 125% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.

But really this is the item that needs to be addressed:

Khassett’s Cord of Rightousness
Fist of the Heavens deals 1200% more damage. The wrath cost of all skills is reduced by 50% for 5 seconds after casting Fists of the Heavens.

10 GRs worth of damage plus 50% RCR for survival with Captain Crimson.

Here’s how AoV clears look at my paragon:

• FotH w/ Norvald = GR134
  • HF w/ Norvald = GR142
  • HF w/ Pig Sticker = GR140
  • HF w/ Ivory Tower = GR141

To mix HF/FotH, we’re looking at:

Fate of the Fell + Darklight + Shield of Fury = GR138 (built with holy element – pretty much the Pig Sticker build with Darklight)

The power of FotH using a 1hander without Norvald is like GR128. This build goes up to GR138 with either proposed solution.

Now back to marrying the skills.

Sharing the lightning/holy element across the bracer/amulet is -1GR. If GR137 is the baseline for Heaven’s Fury and Fists of the Heaven’s, then using them together should yield at least GR141-142. The build should be balanced with other builds… however… the eclipsing side effect would be FotH w/ Norvald clearing GR144, which I don’t mind since it’s extremely glassy, clunky and hard to pull off.

1 Like

There are certainly different paths to approach balancing the build. I am, however, highly intrigued by a possibility of a dual-damage build and wouldn’t mind seeing a Foth-HF collaboration. The AoV set certainly has the core elements of making that possible.

Just out of curiosity, would the 700% be additive with the 1000% bonus which Darklight already has on it? To clarify, would Darklight with 15% HF (in primary stats) and 1700% FoTH (orange special) bring the two forms of damage into balance? Would that then give us the GR138?

Alternately - it seems we both agree entirely here - if Khassett’s Cord of Rightousness were to receive the buff instead, as you suggest, then the entire AoV would need to receive a defensive upgrade as well. Otherwise, the loss of Captain Crimsons set would seriously make AoV a glass cannon build.

Not at all. Played together Darklight @ 1700% with 15% Heaven’s Fury is like 0 GRs gained. Completely ineffective. If you were just counting on Darklight to yield a GR142 build, it’d have to be set somewhere between 7000-7500%. It’s bad to force a build into defense gear, by requiring Justice + Unity gives high paragon an unfair advantage. We saw this with N6 Rapid Fire, once the paragon enabled CoE usage the clears skyrocketed ahead.

Yes, it’s easiest to redo that particular item since it is required for FotH right now. Adding both offense and defense will make the build tolerable for casuals, while allowing us to play it mixed with HF.

1 Like

Perhaps a combination of the ideas would work?

1. Darklight: Give the 15% HF primary stats + (say) 3000% (instead of current 1000%) FotH damage bonus;
  2. Boost Kasset’s by remainder of damage required to gain the sufficient damage output (5000% or so, correct?);
  3. Boost defense on the AoV set to compensate for the loss of Capt. Crimson.

Note, there actually would be a loss of cooldown by 5%, as CC gives you 20% vs 15% from Fervor. But attack speed would increase, and Darklight does drop 2 FoTHs, which eliminates clunkiness when fighting certain solo mobs.

1 Like

Cru fast clear rely on Fist of the heavens,now Norvald was nerfed,FotH need compensate,I propose the Valor 4 piece bonus run speed.

There’s a couple of you guys that I really wish had taught math to younger me.

1 Like

Well, and here i’m trying to push 132 with my hc crusader. I hate Foth :confused: