Advice to bounties and rollback system, to reduce cheat

Looks like I can’t choose the right post category here (please remove it to right place if any admin see it).
This is my advice to bounties and rollback system, to reduce cheat behaviors.

1. Players shall not get any bounties if they did not finish any quest in the room, or stay there for over 3 minutes or more. An abnormal player or cheater should not get benefits.

As I know there are lots of players in D3 will buy bounties materials from those online shops or dealer to reforge gears. The way to trade is the bot will finish all tasks in town when buyers joined in, then the next ready room.

1. Players can roll back their char profile via customer service. This is supposed to be a solution for accidents in-game I guess. But now it was used for re-reforge work.

For example, a player who got tons of reforging materials from trade goes reforging his gears, but failed to get a qualified prime one with right affixes after thousands of tries. looks it sucks. But, he can now roll back his char via cs phone call. And the rollback time is not LIMITED while via phone call, not 3 times per acc. This means the reforge work is re-rollable and unlimited. Anyway, any perfect prime item is reachable easily by this way.

P.S.
This is in D3 China region, the phone call to CS is available and will handle these rollback issues instead of tickets on the website.
The D3 agency here is shanghai Netease co. , basically, the phonecall service is a good thing, but they are now overridden handling it for a long time.

1. You don’t need even show any reason for rollback service and CS will help you do it, you just pick a fitting rollback state. And this service is not limited to times.
  2. All of the crafting materials will be restored as previous state, instead of 500 caps.

I think the agency Netease company should be responsible for this neglect of management.

2 Likes

Hi:

This support note says that you are limited to 3 account rollbacks for the entire life of your account:

============================================================================

If you think the rollback system is a potential hack, you should report it by e-mail as requested here:

1 Like

I am pretty sure the limit rollback time is not 3 here in my region. The regular limit is at least you can roll back one time in a month, and some other users can get it anytime just make the phone call to CS.

Also, from the Diablo III Account Rollbacks article, having the account rolled back results in…

• Some high-level commodities will have caps imposed before a rollback is performed. See the table for each capped item.
Rollback Caps
Name Cap
Crafting Materials 500, each type
Crafting Training 500, each type
Crafting Plans 1, each type

So, let’s say they had 100,000 of each material prior to them doing all the reforging. They don’t get want they wanted and request a rollback. After the rollback they’ve got 500 of each material, not 100,000.

Anyway, this isn’t a bug, and I don’t even think it’s possible.

2 Likes

I think the Crafting Materials in the list do not include bounties material. So it didn’t affect reforge work after rollback.
Otherwise that is a real bug.

The Cube’s reforging recipe requires 5 of each Bounty material and 50 Forgotten Souls. Forgotten Souls are covered in the crafting materials so that, even if Bounty Materials are not, this limits each rollback to 10 reforges as that needs 500 Forgotten Souls. I can’t see rollbacks being requested every 10 reforges.

2 Likes
  1. This IS NOT a game bug.

1. Crafting Materials include: Bounty Mats, Crafting Mats and Hellfire Mats. (FYI, “Mats” is short for “Materials”).

1. You should move this thread to the General Discussion Forum.

Click the ► icon below to see detailed instructions on how to move your thread.

Moving Threads
  1. Click the pencil icon next to the title of your thread. (See image below).

1. Click the "Category" field to bring up a list of D3 Forums. (See image below).

1. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  2. Save your edit.

This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies.

thanks, but I can not remove it anywhere now, maybe I am new here. And that’s why post here.

They can get the full size of bounty material after rollback, including the Forgotten Souls, not the cap size 500.
So they use the rollback to get a new reforge work.
And it is the truth that happened here, and last for a long time…

There is no number to call for Blizzard. There has not been for over 10 years. They only take tickets and the rollback limit is not something CS can over ride that I know of.

Rollback is a self service function with a coded cap of 3. Further, even when it WAS done by CS, it was only done in cases where compromise was proven.

2 Likes

It is not the same here. This is in D3 China region, the phone call to CS is available and will handle these rollback issues instead of tickets on the website.
The D3 agency here is shanghai Netease co. , basically, the phonecall service is a good thing, but they are now overridden handling it for a long time.

1. You don’t need even show any reason for rollback service and CS will help you do it, you just pick a fitting rollback state. And this service is not limited to times.
  2. All of the crafting materials will be restored as previous state, instead of 500 caps.

I think the agency Netease company should be responsible for this neglect of management.

That explains it. Blizzard does not run Diablo 3 in China. It is a very different game. Netease handles the game there. I am not sure where to give feedback for the China version/Region. I don’t know if any of the people who work on that read the Americas forums.

As Misscheetah said before me. China’s D3 might as well be a different game. I compare it to wow-blizzard servers vs outside companies running private servers. The outside companies put in place their own rules and do whatever they want.

OK.
But Blizzard will see it. hope to see some reply from Blizzard

From the stickied thread How to Write a Good Bug Report at the top of the forum…

• We read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, we will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. We will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says “Bump” or demands a response from a Blizzard poster.
1 Like