Advice in really deep pushing solo please

Got it.
Cleard 142 today

Raxxanterax just posted a vid of a 150 attempt with lots of good explanation.

Diablo 3 GR150 Solo Demon Hunter Explanation, Setup and Heartbreaking Attempt - YouTube

You don’t need that much CDR for Preparation.

WIth the standard three 8% CDR rolls, diamond on helm and paragon in order to keep Vengeance up, you get 38.67% CDR. That makes Preparation cooldown 27.59 seconds.

Casting SP 6 times with minimum overlap lasts 30 seconds, and costs 14x6x0.9 (10% RCR from paragon) = 75.6 discipline. During the 30 seconds, you can generate 30 discipline naturally plus additional 45 from Preparation for a total of 75.

What you have to do is cast Preparation after you have cast SP at least three times and you won’t run out of discipline as long as you don’t overlap SP too much.

what part are you struggling with? rift clear or rg?

was your 141 close even with a great rift?

are you surviving enough to drop numbing traps for something, like single out?

i know FoT is a terrible grind but 20% cold is a big loss of dmg, not saying its not possible to clear without it though

There are some very important strats if you wanna go very high. Wudijo (EU) got his GR150 in 13:55 today @ 2.5K P. Watch the vod on Twitch, and you’ll prolly pick up a lot of hints. Also, I’m sure he’ll do a more in-depth explanation YT soon, so look for that as well.

season doesnt count…

Heavy sigh… pulls and pylon strategy are pretty much same season or ns. Gear choices also, for the most part, are the same.

not really when one is based around clearing the pack every 90 seconds and the other you actually have to do yourself. theres a reason a 2.5k can do what a 9.4k (yama) cannot. havent played with him in a while but i can assume his playstyle is very good.

Without reading too much of this thread, I can say any solo GR 140+ with paragon under 5000 is all about LUCK LUCK LUCK.

• Did you get a Battlefields or Festering Woods? No? -> Try again!
  • Did you get a Conduit Pylon with 4+ elites nearby? No? -> Try again!
  • Did you get good trash mobs with good packing density (e.g. Vile Swarms)? No? -> Try again!
  • Did you find some Missile Dampening Elites to help clear trash/elites? No? -> Try again!
  • Did you get a boss on a good floor with a seasonal snowball spawn that kills it for you? No? -> Try again!

As you can see, not only do the planets need to align but the whole galaxy needs to form a pentagram to clear such a GR. Wudijo spent well over 5000 rift keys before getting a close to perfect setup.

This is yet another problem with the leaderboard at the moment (not going to start on bots). The leaderboards compare apples to oranges and expect people to compete (every GR is different so there is no consistent baseline).

Edit: since the OP was referring to nonseason, replace the last bullet point with:

• Did you get a Power Pylon and an easy boss (e.g. Hamelin)? No? -> Try again!

The rest of the bullet points apply to both season and nonseason.

T16 rifts give 3 keys and 50% chance at a 4th. So, 5000/3.5 is over 1400 rifts. Even at 2 minutes per rift that’s almost 47 hours worth. So, a solid week’s worth of key farming. Hmm…

Cain’s set provides chances for extra keys, and he probably didn’t farm keys alone.

I agree that he probably had help.

I can’t tell if you’re implying he had regular help or a different sort of help, but for what it’s worth, he farmed the majority of his keys on stream from what I could tell. Just with help from viewers. He leeched a ton of keys from viewers.

Correct. He wore Cain’s and then had a small team of viewers farm T16 rifts up to the RG and then wait and invite him. So he’d basically just be getting constant invites, hopping between games, killing the RG, grabbing the keys, and going to the next game.

1 Like

Most of us don’t have a team of people who are farming rifts for the express purpose of inviting us to their games and feeding us the guardian kills / GR keys. It’s certainly not cheating but I wouldn’t call it regular help either.