Addition to Diablo seasons

First off let me say I enjoy Diablo 3 a lot and seasons made a game enjoyable for maybe 6 months into one I still playing years later.

I was wondering, since Diablo 3 is in the twilight of a game’s life, if there couldn’t be some additions to make the seasons a little better/interesting without too much work (customization on Blizzard’s part).
My idea is mini one week tournament(s) during the season. Maybe 1 or 2. Players start with a newly minted level 70 character (with a basic weapon and the cube to start)
Starting a GR1 you get 3 chances to successfully complete. Once finished, your time in locked in and you continue on to the next GR.
The interesting thing is that the only gear/materials you can get are drops from the rift guardian. As for bounty mats (plans), they could drop every 5th or 10th GR through a horadric cache.
I believe this would produce a lot of bizarre builds that might even win (RNG) this thing.
Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated,
Thanks

I put this in console discussion, as it isn’t really a technical support thing.

1 Like

Hello! You got me with your first sentence as Seasons are 3 months long but yeah the game sucks you in for sure, I’m still playing since 2014 and if it had not been for Seasons I would not be playing.

I like the idea except in a GR1 you will most likely get 0 Legendary’s and the progression would therefore die if you only had 3 attempts. You may need to add in a guarenteed legendary from the RG…at least one because you can get 0 from the RG even in GR30+.

But for sure would be a fun thing to do.

If the legendary drop rate is too low (which it might be) you could, as a fix, increase the death breaths dropped to upgrade rares. In a GR1 you should be able to clear it as it’s close to a Normal regular rift (if I’m comparing the power levels correctly) and everything you get would be an upgrade early on.
Once you get up to GR20 or so you would need some Legendary’s to advance however. But sometimes you’d get stuck with bad drops.
Interesting…thanks for the feedback