Addition of Sapphire Gems

Since I am only capable of posting here on the console forums… for some bizarre reason… If someone could copy paste this into the general D3 forums, with my name mentioned, that would be much appreciated.

I’d like to suggest the addition of Sapphires, which likely would require VERY little Dev time/effort to implement, while increasing build variety somewhat as well! A simple Photoshop job on the graphics used for any of the others gem types, and simply plugging in different stats for them.

For the stats, I believe these would most beneficial for an extra gem type.

• Weapon = Attack Speed
  • Armour = Armour
  • Helmet = Crowd Control Reduction

I feel as though Sapphires could fill a small gap in the current gem stats. Imagine an attack speed centric build with royal gem that boosts ATT SPD by %20?

What if you want to build a group-oriented tank Crusader, Barbarian or Necromancer, and a Royal Sapphire gives you a boost of 780 Armour!

Maybe you have a build with innately low cooldowns or resource costs, so you can afford a different gem in your helmet? Throw a Royal Sapphire in there and gain a %40 Crowd Control Reduction boost!

Hope this gets at least some consideration!

2 Likes

If you do not have the PC version of the game, you cannot chat in General Discussion, that is why Console has our own, which gets ignored. Nevalistis even said she’d be more active, but not here she isn’t.

3 Likes

Lol she was the first day or 2…

1 Like

only cause i made noise about it in the technical discussion which she caught wind of lol… since then, not a peep from her…

1 Like

first I dun think it is minimal effort just to create what you suggest for some it might be hours or days or mins but you are looking at a team which DO NOT FOCUS much on D3 the D3 team is 99% focus on DI (the last time I have check) if not DI they are in other games maybe WoW.

If you want this gem does 99% CDR or whatever 50IAS you prefer… now you have to create this & than this so call creation need to synch with ALL class so it works on Necro CrU DH etc… again as I say it might be mins to some to configurate but maybe it might be hours/days/weeks for others

I would not say it is a bad idea or over thinking stuffs but IMO if D3 team has people (btw they have almost left the d3 community) or someone with passion in D3, sit around the forum & see all the useful suggestion by some credit players (not a players who never play Crusader class but wants to nerf or give ideas to crusader but got 100 or 1million likes) but ignore players who played 24/7 crusader but could not get 10likes.

If you want 20 IAS or 20 CDR or Crowd control. I would just suggest to infuse to the current sets/item as the class intended.

having these gems will break the game why? yes this class might need IAS/CDR but since it is an item for ALL class other class will benefit from it further

Just an example Inv Crusader imagine you ditch Diamonds for CDR/IAS seriously you without arkhan sets you can also get 100% AC form so who in the right mind will play arkhans set than in no time players will complain about arkhan set again in no time.

This suggestion needs someone who play the class & understand to the point of who much is needed too much OP. the correct sweet spot.

this is just an example

(2) Set:
Reduce the cost of all abilities by 50% while Akarat’s Champion is active.
(4) Set:
Reduce the cooldown of Akarat’s Champion by 50%.
(6) Set:
While Akarat’s Champion is active, you deal 1500% increased damage and take 50% less damage.

instead of adding/create new gems just infuse the change in that item.

(4) Set:
Reduce the cooldown of Akarat’s Champion by 50%. ===> 60-65%

IMO atm anything above 75% CDR for crusader will be OP so the sweet spot is around 60-65%

this just need to change/edit which is WAY simple since it only benefit for 1 class not ALL class.

than again we have players who never play crusader highlight this is OP because AC prohet with high CDR means immune to dmg. Players who play crusader never want to be OP but if it is a must than CDR for AC prohet only counts after the previous is done (I guess that solves the Opness problem :slight_smile: )