Add Anti-Cheat VS Botters/MHers/Scripts/Etc

Why do you suggest blizz/orb sorc for as a starter? It sucks in Hell due to cold immunes. Pala is a better first character to farm hell. You can later go for sorc with gear.

Woo Ehhā€¦ well cold mastery give -% cold resist xD up to 115% at 20ā€¦ and its the better pick for the start of a ladder season xDā€¦

And yes Hammerdin is better to farm hell (Chaos-Run / Ball Run) But sorc is better to farm Kuast Bazzard / Lower City which give the most amount of High Rune cause the FCR threshold are so low on sorc you teleport faster and you have acces to Warmth so better mana regenā€¦ AND NOW the elephant in the room how you gonna build a enigma without a way to farm with ur hammerdin ? U gonna be slow farming like running to mephisto ?

i feel i should point out that the maps ā€œarnā€™tā€ completly randomā€¦ and u dont need a ā€œmaphackā€ if u know what to look for at each level

sure, some of them your SOL , like there is no easy way to find summoner,

but countess, andy mephy, baal, nith, the vast majoirty of the common farmable bossesā€¦ i can guess right 90% of the time on the first try because i know what to look for.

i really hope they dont truly make it ā€œtrulyā€ random though as they would completely screw over this. but i cant see how they can if the original game is running underneath

3 Likes

And that is true if you play the game alot you know the way around places.

1 Like

yep if u think of the game as ā€œfirst person modeā€ where your eyes face where your character face does

for countessā€™s tower always turn ā€œleftā€

from andy waypoint, always ā€œrightā€

mephy is always ā€œleftā€ from wp

and baal is always ā€œrightā€ from wp , unless he is being a jerk and being 3 leftsā€¦

nith halls of pain is 1 of 3 static maps, and nilith halls of vaught is always opposite the ā€œchampionā€ pack
the other 2 ways have just normal mobs
( u can also do the ā€œpaintingā€ method but im still not 100% on how that one works)

again this is all if you orientate yourself to ā€œfirst person modeā€

That work on some level but not every level. Like the stairs in areat summit you you the same was as the stairs in the map the painting i think work in nilhatak temple, Act 2 and other i cant remember

Would basically get rid of like 99% of botters/mhrs/etc.

You underestimate cheaters or overestimate anti-cheating systems. However, I truly hope Blizzard is aggressive in stopping any cheats in D2R. Sadly, if WOW is our best example of Blizzard being aggressive, weā€™re screwed!

True while most if not all for Diablo II do rely on dll injection doesnā€™t mean that botting canā€™t be done on day one. For example, someone who is fairly adept at using jitbit or bem could make a bot without having to access the game memory at all. With something like an anti-cheat you could at least detect programs like this and kill the game if it does.

Sorc teleport quicker by standard, and especially with stacked FCR, agrees. Cold mastery wonā€™t help against cold immunes, and thereā€™s quite many on hell. Thereā€™s less magic immune, so hammerdin has less issues in that aspect.

I prefer to fish a Tele staff from shop and swap it when monsters get in the way. Other than that I couple vigor with charge I get where I want pretty quick, and easily do more BH damage than cold sorc blizzard, very few immunes to worry about. Enigma isnā€™t the only way, but people grew to rely on it as it is a broken item. It does help with convenience and speed a little, but honestly hammerdin isnā€™t that bad at all speed and cheap gear is all it needs. Cold sorc isnā€™t bad, but not the only good option to start with.

Warden isnā€™t a good anti-cheat. They have to manually add in the code from bots/injects to ban them, and even then it doesnā€™t stop them from using it until they actually are banned. Which case by then most people who are botting for money by selling the loot would of transferred everything off to a secondary account to sell. So Warden isnā€™t enough clearly.

So lets just install rootkits for every game?

You people are nuts and are willing to let companies install spyware on your systems to stop people from botting and cheating in single player.

1 Like

Nobody said anything about rootkits dude. Youā€™re playing too much Valorant. If anything itā€™s not hard to take a look at the anti-cheat to say whether or not itā€™s safe. Then itā€™s up to you to use it. Tbch an actual anti-cheat is better than Warden anyday.

In my opinion some kind of anti-cheat would be completly necessary prior to launching the game.
Blizzard already told us via some Q&A that the servers will be brand-new and more secure, and I only can hope that their new system allow them to catch botters easier.

With the game costing $40 (which I hope it never gets cheaper), a better enforcement in anticheats, and hopefully with actively doing banwaves or having some staff checking for bots, weā€™d get the best experience possible.

Letā€™s face it, bots will probably will try to get into the game. Hopefully they can extend the report feature to bot/hacks, and we can even report those annoying baal runners / chaos runners bots.

As per private games, hopefully doing banwaves will make the bots think twice as the game will be $40 if they want to bot again.
Iā€™d love to see Blizzard giving us some official statement with a deeper information regarding anticheats/antibots so we can relax even more.

1 Like

They should perma ban botters by diablo key (as long as they 100% done it ofc, not just by player report). I hope they will monitor the internet for item seller sites and take them all down.

Anti-cheat can be done server side in multi. If I wanna cheat in SP thats my prerogative.

They use to ban bots regularly on d3 then it got to a point where they said screw it. Bots overtook d3 in a game where paragon is the endgame in pushing grs bots ruined it.

Even in d2 there were banwaves from warden etc then they stopped.
They have to be consistent with the banwaves in not give up on the gameā€¦ !!