AD question with TR build

So I read somewhere that Sweeping Wind doesn’t proc AD…I’m wondering why since it’s an ability you cast and it’s not a proc.

Also can the TR lightning field from lightning rune proc AD? I know TR itself can

I need to know if I should be running Area Damage in a flurry build? I did a 120 with area damage on shoulders and weapon. Not sure if I should change those to CDR and resource cost reduction.

From what I know, “Procs don’t proc procs”.
ie, Sweeping Wind from WonKimLau does not proc AD.
However, self-cast SW should proc AD.
Tempest Rush and Flurry bomb should proc AD.

correction:
ie, Cyclone Strike from WonKimLau does not proc AD.

Huh? I think you meant the free Cyclone Strike.

1 Like

ah crap… thanks for the correction

I’m not talking about the procs SW does…i’m talkin about sweeping wind itself…all the sites I’ve searched say SW does not proc AD…not the procs of sweeping wind…but the actual ability itself…this in itself makes no sense because it’s a hard cast ability and i’m looking at reputable d3 sites from past and present and they all say the same thing.

Source or proof? All people in Ladder use AD, if the Boom is not affected that would not make any reason.

I’ve watched 100s of replays not one procs AD. I post a video on YouTube showing what happens when wiz drops meteor you can see the AD proc meteor hits for 200t and AD hits for 633t and one for 1000t. Then I show a monk using area damage and no AD just like ever replay I’ve watched even compared it to a monk with out AD. Monk hits for about 1000t if it had proc AD I would be see damage numbers alot higher then the wiz. But by all means test it yourself. I would love to see the results too. Check out Luna on the leaderboard paragon 1600ish no area damage with PoJ set I think he’s like some where in the 30s on the leaderboard. You tube video is called wiz vs monk AOE

Ty for the information

It does proc it. You’re entirely wrong.
Many more hours than you playing as a monk w/flurry. 95% of our dmg is the flurry pop, do you HONESTLY believe that we’d stack so much area dmg if it only affected our channeled TR? No, it would be a waste. I literally see it every GR I do, not every pop because it’s not 100% to proc… Please don’t spread misinformation like that.
EDIT: After checking you out some more it seems like you tried it one time, asked around , no one answered, and determined based on your horrible testing that it doesn’t work. lol… cm on guy, perhaps your sample pool is a bit small.
Not only that but you’re using 1 out of probably every monk out there on the leaderboard thats not using area dmg. He doesnt have crit dmg on his gloves, does that mean crit hit dmg is useless ? No, it means perhaps he hasnt aquired the gear to have it.

Have you tested it? Do you have proof would love to see a pic or video clip. No need to get nasty but yes I’ve watch 100s of my replays not once have I seen area damage proc.

I had a conversation with one testing a lot of things. He has a wpn with flat dmg (min dmg = max dmg). And he calculates the dmg coming from the bloob. I did a recording of my last high clear and I even did a pic by pic move forward. Nothing to see - but it is known that sometimes numbers do not appear. From the feeling it must proc AD - and I got the confirmation of that guy.

I’ve tested it up to GR 150. Flurry procs Area damage, and no, i’m not going to record a video for you. Sorry. Once again, literally the only real damage output we have is Flurry when you get to high GRS, if it did not use area damage, there would not be any point in stacking it due to how insignificant all other dmg is compared to flurry.

I see no change with or without on gr140. Still would love to see hard evidence. GG

140s huh ? so you’re just constantly clearing 140s with and without area damage. Damn man, wish I was that good.

No but I am pushing on gr140 just cant beat the RG in time but yes testing both with and without. Super easy to post a YouTube video showing the area damage proc. I’m just not convinced to many sheep.

Sigh
Check out lexis 150 clear, on youtube. Perhaps actually doing research instead of pretending like you did some will help in your path to awakening. I see area dmg proccing in plenty of his flurry pops, as I do in mine, and as most monks.
Should probably work your way up from 138 to 139 before jumping to 140. Progressively work your way up, itll help your paragon and experience to better climb, or just zmonk to 150 then do a 150 clear with pain ehnahcner instead of stricken. Running stricken on PoJ with a squirts and serenity is probably the silliest thing i’ve seen a monk do in a while. Sheep can’t stack stricken fast enough that way, too squish.

What’s your clear at? And thanks I will watch it closely to see if area damage procs. Also lots of players are using serenity and stricken. Maybe not squirts but it works for me. Sound like you are really trying to attack me instead of being clear information to the table.

checked out the 150 clear didnt see any area damage proc

Oh, you’re blind. This argument is irrelevant then
It kinda all makes sense now at least