Activision-Blizzard Conference Call is today

Sounds like the Other-Mother.

Excluding the manually awarded TL3, I only see 12 TL3 accounts now.

How does one view TL’s?

Do you want to know your own or in general?

For TL3, we can use:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/groups/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at

For TL2 and TL1 and TL0, you can substitute the number.

You can also look here for another way to look at yourself/specific posters.

I think you are TL2.

1 Like

What is a TL and TL3?

The forum has “Trust Levels” (i.e., TL). You can read the first post in this thread to see what each level has as a requirement and the perks. We are not sure anymore that the requirements for TL3 as listed is still accurate.

Not expecting much other than first quarter calendar results.
Maybe they will repeat what was already said in the previous call that immortal is going alpha mid 2020 but can’t imagine they will be more specific than that. Maybe a strong hint about shadowlands target release but it’s already safe to imagine around August like usual.

Thanks for the tips.

“Diablo: Immortal still on track to launch testing in middle of 2020”
“Diablo: Immortal is shaping up VERY well”

Yep. That is exactly what they ended up saying.

1 Like

My take away from the call.

1. Mobile.
  2. Mobile.
  3. Mobile.

They also made a lot of money (1.7B)
None of the investors asked about D4.
Working from home is going well for them.
Testing D:I middle of 2020.

2 Likes

Obviously, but they also talked a bit about how much more engagement there is in existing PC games - all are up with the lockdown. I was glad to hear WoW Classic is doing well.

I think the surge of players on their PC platforms does drive home the point that those are not dead and Blizz needs to still pay attention to them. They did say they want to continue bringing gaming across all player platforms to increase access.

After doubling in the second half of 2019, World of Warcraft’s active player community increased further in the first quarter, driven by both new and returning players, as the team continued to deliver more content between expansions than ever before.

So much for WoW dying again :smiley:

Interesting Activisions (not Blizzards) MAU was significantly down in Q1. With corona virus that seems quite surprising. And a quarter with a COD release.
Unless the reason is that people, being at home, have been switching from Activisions mobile games to pc/console games (other than Activisions).

I hope investors are disappointed. Video gaming stocks have been doing really well during the corona virus, for obvious reasons.
I want it to tank… So I can jump back in. Made the wrong decision of selling after the WoW Classic spike last year.

Up 6% in the aftermarket right now, you say? Oh well :smiley:

Yeah I kind of wish I did play stocks given this entertainment stock growth is likely to continue. Same with companies like Chewy that do delivery (and have fantastic prices and customer support!). My mom has at least the Chewy stock given I gave the company rave reviews and suggested it to her.

Something I did like today was that they emphasized something important. The company is nothing without their people. They have a very robust plan in place to support and compensate folks. Full medical care, mental health support, work from home, supplies, etc.

Imgur

I think part of that is that investors felt that with the people taken care of the game dev will be mostly on time for releases. That bodes well for profits.

I would imagine some of that is down to having to stay at home, i.e. people aren’t playing mobile games as much because they’re not sat on the bus / train to work every day and are instead playing on their PCs / consoles.

2 Likes

The quartly report is from dates before any or most lockdowns/shelter-in-place orders.

In the US perhaps. Been in lockdown since mid March.

Yeah, that is my guess as well.

I wouldn’t mind something more engaging than TextTwist 2 on my tablet while I’m sitting in the loo waiting on the inevitable. And by more engaging I mean anything other than that pay to win schlep called Hearthstone. As much as I hate to say it, D:I would at least be a decent way to pass the time while I’m passing…the time.

1 Like

Its funny, I actually logged into that for the first time in over a year the other day.

What the hell happened to that game? lol

I enjoyed it back in Beta, and for a while after, but then it started getting nuts. And I stopped. And I had to log in to remember why I stopped.

Anyway

Game on.

What happened to HS was it became such a grind that the only viable way to play and rank anywhere decent on a leaderboard without making it an all consuming job was to buy packs and disenchant them to make epic cards. It is one of the models from Blizzard I truly despise.

1 Like