Act bosses drop rate is too high

Not playing D2 lot of time ago and im start new character now.
Joining normal Baal runs and got lot of unique / set items every run.
This loot rate is absurd.
Need to reduce the act bosses uni / set items drop rate.
You don’t find it too high?

5 Likes

I think it’s good balanced. Remember that magic find (MF) adds to the chance of finding unique items.

3 Likes

This is what I am concerned about, the idea of loot that is rare, as in, hard to get definition of it, means that the loot only drops on rare occasions.

It’s like in D3 where apparently “legendary” items drop as often as any other.

Full agreed, boss MF bonus is too high.
Imho base item drop rates should be slightly more towards exceptional and elite in hell, and boss MF bonus decreased to balance it again, so that overall chance of super rare elite uniques stays about the same.

Imho if i get an unique / set drop, i wanna go “whooo”, not “oh crap isenharts again”.

And the crap drop would be an exceptional magical item that could be usefull, not an useless normal unique.

But yeay, every mention of drop rate leads to “Go play D3” reactions here…

Its not high, you probably were just lucky or running with someone who did kills with a lot of MF. Many set or uniques is trash anyway.

They should not touch drops at all. Its way too close to be perfect.

11 Likes

Low quality more than likely, the better stuff takes time to find

1 Like

Nah, that’s in full public runs and there’s 8 people fighting to get them. You won’t be finding that much stuff solo.

3 Likes

No, playing a full game and finding junk is all you were doing. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

5 Likes

If you’re joining public Baal runs, there’s a good chance you’re playing with someone or even multiple people who have a high amount of magic find and have not yet completed the Baal quest… If they are the ones to strike the killing blow, Baal will drop his quest drops, which eliminates junk like scrolls, potions etc from dropping.

Playing Normal difficulty, you’re going to see a very restricted set of drops compared to Nightmare and especially Hell difficulty.

I’ve done plenty of Hell Baal runs myself… Still have never picked up Tyreals Might, Mang Songs Lesson or Crown of Ages… Yet I’ve found 2 Zod runes and 4 or 5 Ber runes. (In various areas, post 1.13B)

1 Like

Since there is no “smart loot” or similar systems I find the boss (and other areas) drop rates to be fine.

Yes, I can get a unique or two on most runs but those legendary items could be anything so when your "X’ items drops it still feels special and not what D3 became where you didn’t care at all

No! Too Many Words

If you don’t like it, just take some MF off.

You’ll get more blue items, problem solved.

1 Like

This is not a global solution.

1 Like

I mean I honestly read this as a troll post, but if you’re serious…why? Why change the entire loot table just because you don’t like seeing a couple extra low level sets/uniques?

Would it really make you happy to see a blue breast plate, rather than a green one? they’re both useless, outside some niche LLD items.

2 Likes

More Magic Find you got, faster will you get Rare / Unique items.

Oh no I’m following a bot doing all the work for me and there is too much free stuff on the ground please nerf it so theres not so much free stuff when i follow other people rofl !

1 Like

:slight_smile:
its ok, but the problem is real.

for me its ok.
just as an example. i have played for years but NEVER found even ONE Stone of Jordan^^

But as long as the dropchance is not INCREASED I do not care.

Im fight in hell difficult with 100 mf and found nothing.

I really don’t know about you or anyone else here but I very rarely saw more than 5 uniques per 20 Baal runs, even less for sets. It’s really all about your combination of luck and the amount of magic find you have.

1 Like