Act 1 Cinematic a bit... too remastered?

So after watching the first cinematic I thought visually it looked great, but the sound bits (mostly music and especially right at the beginning) were a bit… overdone? I feel like they added some Hollywood-esque sounds that weren’t originally there… something they’ve started doing in other games (think like Destiny 2, other “action” hollywood games where it’s more like a movie) but it takes away from that grungy immersion in this one. Did anyone else notice this? I don’t totally hate it, but ugh… not to be super nitpicky, I’m so happy to be playing this game again, but one thing I loved about original D2 was how… grungy and horrific it all felt. Hollywood sounds really take away from that… otherwise looks awesome and can’t wait to see the other cutscenes!!!

See ya guys in beta in an hour! :slight_smile:

I think they did a great job on the opening cinematic. One thing I think is a great change is they didn’t make Marius’ head jerk around like crazy like the original, his movement is more human… An old man isn’t going to be moving their head like that due to age. Arthritis and any other ailments that cause pain with movement makes you want to hold your head still. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to see the others! I’m jonesin to see the end of act 3 cutscene “Enter Hell” with Mephisto and Diablo… Oh yeah.

2 Likes

Ah see I actually like that part about the original better too… I get what you’re saying though. I’m definitely not unhappy with it at all, I’ve watched it at least 3 times now lol. But the imagery of a man being driven that far into insanity that all he can do is sit and rock in the fetal position merely from being around the dark wanderer to me always was striking. You could almost see him drooling, or feel it. Love the fire graphics in the new cinematic though, that’s something they’ve always done well in Diablo… way ahead of its times on fire graphics! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The firenado was awesomesauce!

3 Likes

Act 4 cinematic is going to be gross!

Only thing I’ve seen so far about the cinematics when running game.exe is they lurch through playback. :frowning: I am running Win11 beta though, so that may be what’s going on.
I posted feedback about that here.
Full beta feedback posted here.

1 Like

I noticed the lurching as well but thought it was my computer, good call on reporting it. Agree though I can’t wait to see the part in Act 4-5 where Baal blows that one dude up in an explosion of guts, that’ll be epic! Getting hungry just thinking about it, yummy! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like