Act 1 Bounty: Jar of Souls Bug

Experienced a bug where you have to enter the Defiled Crypt, Kill 50 enemies, and destroy the Jar of Souls. The jar seemed to not spawn, and this bounty cannot be completed. Went through all of the Defiled Crypts and it was completely stuck.

1 Like

I would just like to bump this thread, as during Season 24 I have now seen this issue on 3 separate occasions and it is quite a bummer. The quest objectives “Enter the Defiled Crypt” and “Kill enemies in the Defiled Crypt: 50/50” are checked off, but you are unable to complete the “Destroy the Jar of Souls” and “Kill the remaining monsters” objectives.

Much appreciated if this issue could be looked into.

1 Like

Same issue just occurred 1/18/2022. Players are unable to find/kill the remaining monsters.

This is a bounty that needs to be fixed, but since this bug has existed for a few years, it’s unlikely to see a fix. The root cause of the bug seems to be that the player destroys the jar of souls before the text “Break the Jar of Souls” appears. My way to get it to not bug out is that I just explore the hallways in that crypt after starting the event. Once I’ve explored the hallways and go back to the main room where the event, I just kill everything but stay away from the Jar. I wait for the text to Break the Jar of Souls to appear and then go back up on the platform to destroy it. It’s never bugged out on me when I do this.

1 Like

Thank you. Next time I see this event I will give this a try. I tend to agree that there is no fix coming any time soon.

Hello there.

We got exactly the same problem in Season 27. I was a little bit too fast breaking the jar. :see_no_evil: Please fix this bug :smiling_face:

Thank you!

Jar of souls continues to not spawn after killing all of the mobs. Please fix this Blizzard, this has been a bug for far too long.

If QA could have replicated it, it would have been fixed long ago. I have never had a problem with it.
If it comes up as a Bounty, either restart the game or do it first.

2 Likes