Achievement Progression Not Working

Playing barbarian, 2nd play through of campaign and finding that my achievements aren’t being progressed/added when I discover new places or find journals.
Is there something wrong with my account? As I’ve been cross referencing guides on how to find journals and in collecting them I get no tick box when I go into my achievements menu to check that it was logged.

Other details that may be of value:

• First playthrough I did was mostly in co-op and played often in different areas of the map
  • Currently in Act 1: Farmer’s journal, Leah Tristam’s Journal prt 7 not added to ‘A Quick Study’ when found. Lost mine floor 1 and 2 completely discovered but not added to achievement ‘No Stone Unturned’ when found.
  • Currently playing in Solo, normal to do the easy collecting/discovering quests fast. Not sure if it influences these achievements in anyway, but worth noting.

Check boxes can sometimes take a while to get checked off.

Were these earned a while back (few days), and are still not showing up, or were they recently done?

1 Like

Recently done, playing on my Demon Hunter build in Adventure mode in completing ‘The Rygnar Idol’ achievement I then had Poltar’s Notes checked. So would in order to trigger these ticks to appear do certain quest changes need to occur in order to have them validated?

Not usually. When events complete, you get a message saying the quest has completed, and if you get journal entries/notes/books/ancient writings, etc, you can look at them later in your journal to verify that you have gotten them.

However, sometimes the check boxes can take some time to get checked off.

If a few days go by, and they do not get checked off, you can take some screenshots showing that you have gotten the journals by pulling up your “Journal” (default hotkey is “j”). Then take a screenshot of the Achievement page showing that the check boxes are still not checking off.

You can post images to a site such as imgur.com and paste the links here. After pasting the link, you will need to highlight it, and click the </> button to format it correctly so that it will allow you to post it.

There are a few quests/notes/achievements that can only be completed in campaign mode, so if you are having trouble with a particular achievement I would suggest Googling the achievement to see if it has special requirements.

Other than that, there is not much else you can do.

Thank you so much for your help. I’ve checked now and as you’ve said they have updated and are now checked off! :slight_smile:
To close a report or classify it as resolved do I need to mark it as such? How do I do so?

2 Likes

There is nothing to do. Threads can’t be closed or marked as solved.

You just have to let them die of old age, lol.

Glad it is working for you now!

1 Like

Only in the Technical Support Forum and only if  you’re  the creator of the thread. For example:

2 Likes