A realize not much real VANILLA diablo 2 player are still around

hello everyone
i get a bit sad to realize not much player around are real diablo 2 player

why i say this is because diablo2 back in the day end game use to be pvp and diablo2 really have a active pvp player base the prime time and era of diablo2 use to be 1.09 , how many of you have 20 year old in 2000 ? how many of you play the game very active ? so now how many of you experience a real diablo 2 experience in the prime era r of d2 2000 ?, my guess not much , diablo 2 is all about good pvp build for the end game and make magic find for pvp , what is the point to make magic if you already kill diablo 100 time ??you have any goal vs pvp you always have the goal to improve your build to be the best pvp player and this ask you to make a lot of magic find , also you become a pk player the time player come around your mf run and try to steal your drop , that is the beauty of diablo 2 diablo 2 is a dangerous world , sadly 1,10 and after patch just screw the pvp balance with enigma everyone teleporting in pvp removing all class identity , so many broke op rune mix and bad synergie , sadly not much real diablo 2 player left . i hope this game will have a patch selection i have np to paye 100$ for this game d2 use to be the best game of my life , i play from the d1 era i love pk other player and take your loot this is the world of diablo

1 Like

Although there aren’t as many players now versus several years ago, there are still plenty of Diablo 2 players around. A large number of them are on discord doing team runs. The rest are solo players. (myself included) Then there are the, ahem, bot runners.

Blizzard has a good idea how many play. If there weren’t that many Diablo 2 players or overall little interest in the game, I don’t think Blizzard would have bothered remastering the game.

1 Like

As hard as your post is to read, maybe you should have spent less time playing D2 and more time elsewhere.

sorry for my bad english

for me patch 1,14 are not the prime time era or gameplay of diablo 2

player playing patch 1.14 and thinking this is diablo 2 are so far out

this is my opinion for me patch 1.14 are for the bad player and casual , bot user with enigma , class lost so much identity

VANILLA diablo 2 is the best

you playing a classic game guy but not is  vanilla version   this make any sense , the wow classic comunity  make a bit more sense they play the classic game with a classic patch , they dont play a classic game with a modern patch lol

No worries, bad day, and I was a little irked by some of the comments in the post.

There aren’t many vanilla players around for couple of reasons:
1: The majority of players play on Battle.net. In order to play there, you must have an up to date version of Diablo 2 to play.
2: The majority of players have a modern operating system. Several compatibility changes have been made to the later versions of the game to keep it (mostly) running on modern operating systems.

i understand but this dont change the fact

diablo 2 remaster will come with patch 1.14 this is horrible

playing a vanilla classic game with a modern patch
and have any option to play the prime era of the game

is a little bit playing wow classic with a shadowland patch

this just make any sense to me

Well all I can say is if you don’t like how the game is going to be released, don’t buy it. :man_shrugging:

agree but is still very disappointing for all reason i told you

let just hope mods will be allow , for player to play diablo 2 vanilla because vanilla is the prime time of this game

compare these modern patch :frowning:

the remaster look very great and the dev team look to make a great job sadly he will have a vanilla game with no vanila gameplay this is so wierd to me anyway

Honestly I’d rather not go back to anything prior to 1.13B due to the abysmally low rune drop rates. Before that patch, I never found anything over a single Vex rune. They’re still pretty low even now, but at least I can find a couple each season as little as I play now compared to how much I played back then.

1 Like

yea but everything after 1.09 have enigma this really hurt pvp , all class pvp are on teleport :frowning: also so many rune mix break the class identity , also some rune mix are broken op break the pvp balance , everything pass 1,09 kill pvp :frowning: mean a big part of diablo die because diablo is a pvp game(time to die)

and this game become a snowflake game for casual

I only like PvE. Played since Diablo 1, never liked PvP. There isn’t only one playstyle for this game.

There isn’t only one playstyle for this game , 100% agree sadly one die after 1.09 and is a big part of the game die, i understand bad player dont enjoy to be kill but is a part of the game h ttps://www.diablowiki.net/Player_Kill diablo2 is a pvp game where your character is allow to shout time to die TIME TO DIE and have the interface for pvp and have the best pvp ,

I usually kill people who try to kill me, but I don’t like doing that either, hence why the best thing this remaster will do is allowing people to enable auto-partying when they create games.

For PvE players, 1.10 was the best patch because it introduced synergies which greatly improved build variety.

i`m not agree about the (synergies improved build variety). this make any sense
to me
the synergies requirements ask a huge point inversement in other skill that you will not use only too boost 1 skill and you end with only 1 skill valuable making your character less versatile and limited , vs 1 .09 you are able to have 4 skill cap

sorry man i really doubt you are a vanilla player saying stuff like this

Hi mate,
I’m not really sure if I understand you fully. Obviously you seem to be the D2 puritan who is seeking for the original experience however that request kinda does not make any sense.
Before you start accusing me that I’m not vanilla player (which who cares even if I weren’t) I do remenber 1.00. I do remeber no runes, no mana, no synergies, no gold etc and who cares?
Obviously, you cannot expect that Blizzard would release any remaster that is not based on a current version of the game where all the comunuity and movements are happening.
There indeed might be a lot of younger players (because they like the game, because they have time to play etc) so bringing them back to 2000’s and delivering them a “different game” would not be the best approach.
If you don’t like the D2:R, don’t buy it. No one is forcing you.
If you would like to stay on the vanilla, stay. Bring your friends and play it day and light and I will salute you however don’t expect Blizzard to have to return to that point as it really does not make any sense.
Who knows, may be they will bring mod support and someone will make a mod for you :).

(I’m not really sure if I understand you fully.) 100% agree , you dont :slight_smile: 1 question about Resurrected - #4 by Endugu-1671
here the new diablo 2 1.14 1,14 have nothing classic and is not diablo anymore

What you’re failing to realize is that most of those runes, clean socketed items, and completed runewords have been duped for ages. Even with 1.14, people aren’t going to be decked out in runewords like they are now. 1.14 isn’t the problem, enigma isn’t the problem. The problem is duping and bots. Using the new battle.net will stop quite a bit of that. 1.14 didn’t make runes fall out of the sky.

1 Like

After patch 1.08 it went down hill. They stopped life leech in pvp in 1.08 or 1.09 which completely changed how pvp was done… Skill synergies in my oppion was a mistake along with rune words. On top of that they added torch and anni charms which made absorbing so easy and killed off a lot of the element aspect of pvp.

1 Like