A Rare Phenomenon (Achievement bugged)

Once again I tried to complete the “A Rare Phenomenon” achievement with no success. One of the creatures (Sand Dweller) is not getting marked as complete when I kill it. Tried every recommendation (deleting cache from the game, changing region to “Europe” instead of “America”, unninstalling/reinstalling the game) but the problem still persists.

2 Likes

Not a bug.

Rares are yellow.
Champions are blue.
Ensure you are killing rares not champions.

Nemesis bracers can really help you out with this, as it gives you extra opportunities on the maps where you’re hunting for the mobs to spawn a rare pack of them by clicking pylons / shrines.

1 Like

I’m already using nemesis bracers. Besides (and I don’t think you read it) I’m having this problem with RARE mobs, not champions.

I’ll try to record it to illustrate the issue.

That would be helpful.

To post a link:

1. Paste the link in your post.
  2. Select the link you just pasted and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar.
  3. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://youtu.be/FA-7dPfnWac

I read it just fine and every previous time this “bug” has been reported it was because the people reporting it were killing champions (blues) rather than rares (yellows). Hence, why I suggested you check which type you were killing. For example…

Ok, here’s the video. If anyone could explain what am I doing wrong, I’ll apreciate it.

That’s not the rare sand dweller. I believe the rare sand dweller is found in the Forgotten Ruins.

1 Like

`

That’s odd. I also found one in Forgotten Ruins and the same error occurred.
I’ll try to register it.

[Edit: So… this is the one who’s supposed to be the rare sand dweller?]

I have exactly the same issue. Killed many of them though they indeed rarely spawn and still nothing. Have you found any solution?

Im also having the same problem for betrayed and enraged phantom with the rare phenomenon achievement. I found and killed the rare enemies in the Dulgur Oasis (Sandar and Spirit of Khan Dakab). Has anyone found a solution?

You are most likely killing the wrong mob type. Either you are killing blues when you need yellows, or they look the same as the type you need, but are a different type of mob.

If you are sure that you have killed the correct mob, then take a screenshot with your mouse hovered over the yellow mob before you kill them, showing the mob type. This will either prove that it is bugged, or show that you are killing the wrong mob.

Also, check boxes can sometimes be slow to get checked off.

1 Like

Hi:

I got mine yesterday from a shrine in the Festering Woods with my follower wearing the Nemesis bracers at Torment 16. I read that rare enraged phantoms can also spawn in the Decaying Crypt… I think that that dungeon however, is almost as rare (no pun intended) a spawn as shrines in the Festering Woods.

Best of luck in your search.

You’ll find on this link all you need to know :

https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Keep_It_Rare