A quick guide for optimizing Squirts with Gizzard gem/Fortress Ballista

That’s a good question. I’d guess that would depend on the level of the gizzard gem and the amount of DR you currently have. If using hardened, armor may be better? Not sure, that’s a solid question.

Also pants happen to roll a higher armor value than belt, so there’s consideration there as well.

Perdition is frustrating at first until you figure out the timing of his 2 big moves and the animation that comes with it.

This is an old video of a previous build I did. Skip to 8:20 where Perdition shows up. Watch the animation and count the timing. His projectile toss animation gives you about 3 seconds to react. His teleport hit gives you about a second.

He’s one of the more fair boss fights IMO.

2 Likes

I know he can be dodged, I have trouble with it and for me, since I’m not the best at playing the game, it feels like I spend more time dodging than fighting. I’ll get better eventually though. It’s just when I get to him when I’m pushing, I always feel pressure to get the fight over with and dodging his attack takes time away from fighting.

Lower down, I can dodge pretty good and he is fair, but I just don’t feel as relaxed when I’m pushing.

1 Like

I ran Bolas Freezing Strike this morning just for the heck of it. First run my timing was off because the animation seems slower (it’s not). The second run I got a GR 106.

Didn’t have any hatred issues and it seemed easier to keep Squirts up.

I started using Smoke Screen: Displacement in place of vault yesterday (Strafe Multi with Taeguk Zeis and Gizzard). Much better uptime of Squirts, only dropping the bonus 1-2 times per rift, mostly due to ground effects. The downside is the cooldown of the skill and wallers in tight corridor maps can be very tricky without vault so Kuhle Aid to the rescue there.

It got me thinking that perhaps smoke screen would be much better synergised than wolf in the standard UE multishot build if it can keep squirst active for more % of the rift. It certainly made most RG a walk in the park, as they instantly refocus on your follower when ypu activate it.

5 Likes

Completely unrelated to the thread except maybe tangentially…

Got another wedding to go to this weekend. This time its the wife’s best friend and she’s actually part of the wedding party. So once again, I’ll probably be too busy drinking too much tonight and recovering tomorrow to really push this weekend. Just doing some busy work this morning farming paragon and gem ups for whenever I get an ancient helm and chest piece.

I know this isn’t the purpose this thread was intended for and I apologize but I thought the heads up that I won’t be pushing this weekend was warranted.

1 Like

Ok so now we need an update on the wedding???

Any fights? Drunken speeches revealing horrible things? Hangover-esque bachelor parties???

2 Likes

Well the best man did give a speech that turned out to be more about him than the groom but other than that there really wasn’t that bad or weird that happened.

Well, there was one thing…

Before the reception, the bride was adamant that “there won’t be any country music”. So what’s the bride and groom’s first dance song, something by Kenny Rodgers. And then everybody kept going to the DJ and requesting songs like “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” and stuff like that. Only half way through the reception did the bride actually get the music she wanted. But I want to say that she wasn’t mad about it.

1 Like

Was Trump the best man? Lol, I know I derailed this but he is notorious for doing that type of thing.

1 Like

LOL!!! That’s what I said when it was happening. The whole table cracked up. lol

Dang…was hoping to hear a good story!!!

My step-sister’s wedding had a fight when some specifically uninvited guests tried to crash the reception…AND one of the band members literally quit and started packing his gear in the middle of a song…

Now it’s the only thing I hope for when I get that invitation…otherwise it’s just a boring same old same old!!

1 Like

Just a quick question and I’m not sure where to put it so I’ll put it here. I’ve got two primal Squirt’s. The both rolled the same 1000Dex 1000Vit 100% Crit Dam. On one I rolled Vit to Fire % and the other I rolled Vit to Crit Chance.

I saw in another thread how Single Out is a good passive to take when pushing, so I decided to drop Perfectionist for it. But now I’m not sure which amulet is better.

I mean, Single Out isn’t calculated in your sheet damage. With 40% Fire the sheet says I average just under 4,000,000 damage. With the Extra 10% Crit chance, which puts at 61.5% crit chance, and only 20% total Fire damage, it drops it just over 3,800,000 average Fire damage. All this is according to the sheet.

What I’m asking is going up from 76.5% to 86.5% with the help of Single Out, would that make up for the loss of 20% fire? Or is it just better to keep the Fire damage at 40%?

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: If the fire damage amulet gives more dps than the crit chance amulet, adding MORE crit chance will only favor the fire damage amulet even further.

Proof: Without any amulet you have 462% ChD and 51.5% ChC with 20% Fire, now consider options A (Fire +20%) and B (ChC +10%).

Option A Elemental/Crit Multiplier = (1 + 0.515 * 4.62) * (1 + 0.40) = 4.731
Option B Elemental/Crit Multiplier = (1 + 0.615 * 4.62) * (1 + 0.20) = 4.610

Ratio of A to B = 1.0263 (The fire amulet gives about 2.6% more DPS)

Next, let’s look at the case with Single Out being active (ChC +25% for both):

Option A Elemental/Crit Multiplier w/ Single Out = (1 + 0.765 * 4.62) * (1 + 0.40) = 6.348
Option B Elemental/Crit Multiplier w/ Single Out = (1 + 0.865 * 4.62) * (1 + 0.20) = 5.996

Ratio of A to B w/ Single Out = 1.0588 (The fire amulet gives about 5.9% more DPS).

Conclusion, stay with the Fire +20% amulet.

1 Like

Thanks, Iria. Good to know. Thanks again for the quick response.

I grabbed your info and put it into d3planner real quick, hope you don’t mind. I like messing with numbers and stuff and just restarted this game.

With 10 squirt stacks, 2 bastion stacks, seethe on, MS dps is : 9.51 trillion
Including Singled out in the calculation: 12.76

Changing your amulet from 20% fire to 10% crit chance gives you 9.26 and 12.05.

So the dps is a 2.63% less with Singled Out off and about 5.56% less with Singled Out on if you use the crit chance amulet. But you do lose that sweet sheet dps going with the fire amulet.

PS: Nice math Iria!

1 Like

UPDATE
after double checking on PTR, it appears that ALL bugs are fixed.

Positive bugs fixed:

• Thunderstorm and Desecrator now reset squirts stacks upon taking damage from those affixes.

Negative bugs fixed:

• Frozen, poison from trash mobs, anarch charge, bogan traps, poison cloud from voracity, man carver and agnidox fire ground effects no longer removes squirts bonus through the shield.

We can now use this setup properly come next patch.

4 Likes

Super.

I have already switched to Gizzard setup with max DR and low vit (even CC pants with dex, AR, armor, soc without vit) and I hate losing squirt bonus with shield up. I look forward to next patch (I play NS, thats way I am ready for it).

1 Like

Does this apply to Pride’s Fall too? I hope so.

1 Like

Yes

My DH is looking forward to this, meanwhile my LoD meteor shower wiz is pretty much excited about the fixes to squirts. :wink:

1 Like

what are the 2 other legendary gems to use for this setup?

speed?
and
high/push gr?