A number of necromancer item concepts

Necromancer is extremely behind other classes in terms of number of weapons and offhand options. This is a post to suggest some items that could be added.

BELT
Bone Chime
Legendary Power: Army of the Dead deals 650-800% increased damage while you have Skeletal Mages or Revive minions active and its cooldown is reduced to 60 seconds.
Appearance: Bones loosely strung together in a loop.

Belt of the Cycle
Legendary effect: Gain 0.5-1% of your maximum Essence whenever your minions deal damage.
Appearance: Anything

SCYTHES
Sickle of Malthael
Legendary power: Enemies no longer leave behind Corpses on death and Corpse Skills cannot be used, but you gain a 500-600% bonus to all damage dealt.
Appearance: Looks like Malthael’s sickles lol.

Pestilence Blade - (new part of the Pestilence set) (Always rolls with corpse lance/explosion%)
Appearance: Follow the general pestilence theme

Unstable Reaper
Legendary effect: Corpse explosion deals 300-400% increased damage and gains the effects of the Final Embrace rune.
Appearance: A dark gray metal scythe. Where the blade connects to the handle there is an essence-blue crystal in a socket.

2H SCYTHES
Mitosis Blade
Legendary power: Reduce the cooldown of Simulacrum by 60-70%, but you can no longer have other minions.
Appearance: A large scythe with blades extending from both the left and the right side of the end

SHIELD
Aegis of Inarius (NOT part of the inarius set)
Legendary power: Bone Armor also gains the effect of the Limited immunity rune, but with 30-70% of the duration and the cooldown increase is only 5 seconds.
Appearance: The same gilded ivory look from the rest of the inarius set.

SPEARS
Maltorius’s Impaler
Legendary power: Bone Spear’s width is increased by 100% and its damage by 150-225%.
Appearance: idk

SWORDS
Splintered Blade of Bone
Legendary power: Bone Spikes gains the effects of the Bone Pillars and Path of Bones runes, and deals 400-525% increased damage.
Appearance: A serrated sword with a dark iron guard and handle, ruby in the pommel, and blade of bone.

PHYLACTERIES
Mehtan’s Marionette
Legendary power: Your Revive minions deal 300-400% increased damage. Doubled while the Necromancer is standing still.
Appearance: A Marionette cross with a skeletal doll attached.

The Telltale Heart
Legendary power: Consuming a corpse increases your Attack Speed and Movement Speed by 5%, stacking up to 25%.
Appearance: A heart, similar to the Nephalem Heart Phylactery Transmog.

Trag’oul’s Core (new part of Trag’oul’s Avatar set)
Legendary power: Your non-Corpse Skills gain the effects of their Blood Runes.
Appearance: A glowing red crystal surrounded by a stylized crimson ring. Sinew and strands of muscle connect the crystal to the outer ring. Think a much more macabre dream catcher.

3 Likes

Would love anything to army of dead. Favorite nec build but unfortunately it blows

2 Likes

Second Scythe using for both hands extremly needed for Necromancer

I like your creativity and hope that the dev’s pick up on this post.

On the old forum I proposed the following:

Daros’s Resonance (preferably bracers)
Bone Spear deals X-X% increased damage and whenever your bonespear hits an enemy you fire another bonespear at a random enemy.

Mechanics:
The free bonespear will benefit from the same multipliers and effects/rune as the casted one.
The free bonespear cannot proc another free bonespear.

Should only apply to the first enemy hit because I think the necromancer will be “stunlocked” if it applies to all enemies hit. If that’s not the case, all the better!

If it’s impossible to program bonespears shooting out from a different direction because of casting animation then I’m OK with the free bonespear shooting out in front of the necro.

Inspiration:
In D2 I played a StrafeZon with the Brand runeword bow. I shot out bonespears faster than a necro and the sound… Oh the lovely sound it made… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Afterthought:
Just remove the resource cost increase on Maltorius’s Spike so bonespear will be more iconic like you wanted… :grinning:

2 Likes