A New Zoltun Kulle lore video from Blizzard

https://youtu.be/UvzD1G1nsxU?si=HKesLMaaoh_w9olC

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, you should be able to embed the video. Just post the link and don’t enclose it in the angle brackets.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

Shame it doesn’t speak of Adria’s work or what even happened to Black Soulstone when Zoltun Kulle was locked away. Zoltun Kulle should have returned in D4, anyone could see it from a mile away but does anyone expect Adria to return? I mean, Adria permanently died presumably and not as strong as Zoltun Kulle obviously. However, would lore ever touch how Adria went around and mark the vessels to drive their souls into the soulstone? We all have theories but it was always looked over.

I also would like to see Urzael somewhere in the lore of D4. Let’s be honest, even though Urzael was an interesting character, his ambition was lacking abit. Being a Follower to a death angel? There has to be more aspects to his character than that.

You actually learn more about him in Diablo Immortal that Kulle was actually a cool guy and a friend with Tal Rasha.

He cares about Tal Rasha a lot in that quest. He urged us to sped up to reach and help Tal Rasha as he was fighting alone at that time.

I guess he went bitter after Tal Rasha sacrificed himself to seal Baal in lthe later event.

Diablo lore has gone off the rails.

Remember the Dark Wanderer, that walking coma patient from D2? Now he’s Leoric’s son? WTF? And Adria, she’s gone from creepy to omnipotent in the blink of an eye.

And Diablo? The dude got a new coat of paint for no apparent reason. And it turns out the coma patient was secretly planning a grand scheme with Adria all along. Talk about cringeworthy.

Oh, and Nephalems? They’re now the ultimate Avengers, with hidden bases everywhere.

But wait, there’s more! Diablo 4 takes it to a whole new level of ridiculousness. Soul stones? Gone. Supreme Evil? Just dies. Now it’s all about whatever some dev thinks is “cool.”

It’s also quite obvious that the devs have never read the Sin Wars trilogy.