A new class comes to Lost Ark!

After the Spear Master, Holy Knight, and the 2 rogue classes Blade & ‘Demonic’, here comes the Scouter. Looks pretty cool. Seems pretty power-creepy but we’ll see. It also comes with a major patch called ‘Season 2’ which is supposed to address a lot of the problems people have with the game. For those who don’t know what the game is, it’s basically a full-blown MMO, so if you want more of a PoE/Wolcen game, this is definitely not it. If you go into the game not expecting a WoW/Diablo killer mindset (because it isn’t), I think it stands firmly on its own.

And another one here.
www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=DExvKYsyt_8

1 Like

That looks fun, I’ll give it a shot! Thanks!

Edit: It’s not released here yet, sadly. And from what I saw, it’s “pay to progress faster”. If they do it in a way where you can still progress and keep up as a skilled and active player that does not pay to win, then I can deal with them just trying to get some money on their free game, but I would have rathered just pay for the game. It looks like a really nice game. I love the graphic style. It’s like a Korean Starcraft 2 Era Diablo clone. That giant albino tiger was not something you’d have seen in a futuristic action game from the West.

Yeah sorry, I probably should’ve mentioned that. But on the other hand, Amazon Games has decided to publish the game, and its going to release next year. Pay to progress is definitely a thing, but I hear in Season 2 (their latest and huge patch) reigned it in a lot, actually to the degree that whales are angry and threatened to quit the game. Personally I don’t really care about PvE competition, and PvP is gear equalized, so it doesn’t really matter for me.

This isn’t a game where you spent 12 hours a day on one character, as you do run out of things to do with tangible rewards. But if you have even a couple other alts, it has enough to keep you busy for the day for the NEET types with 10 hours a day to burn. There are so many games out there nowadays though, I don’t think MMOs should be played that way anymore.