A message after I click Play in the B.net launcher

The message is on a white screen…
“Diablo III was unable to initialize D3D, Click ok to continue”
It happens quite often, I ran a Scan and Repair from the launcher and that didn’t fix the problem.
Thank you.

Hi,

Are you using a Razer keyboard or mouse ? if so, see this post and try the workaround:

If you aren’t using a Razer keyboard or mouse, try the following troubleshooting:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it out, I don’t have any Razer gear but it might help.

1 Like

Is this the message you’re getting?:

If so, you should be able to click OK and D3 will try to reinitialize D3D.

I get this occasionally. I even got it once today. And that was after updating my video drivers to the current NVIDIA version 546.65. Once I click OK the game runs fine though.

If you’re having trouble getting the game to run at all, hopefully the links @Boubou posted can help you.

3 Likes

Yeah, I sometimes get this message, too.

But as in case of Perusoe, I click on it and continue gaming like nothing happened.

3 Likes

Yes exactly, the message started up about 2 weeks ago and it dosen’t show up all the time, no problems starting the game up when I click ok, it’s just a little annoying is all.
I did the Direct X download, I will let you know if that works. I will try the update drivers next if it dosen’t.
Thank you

2 Likes

I never get that (or got it, as far as I can remember)… perhaps my ole 'puter is just too old…

1 Like

The DirectX 9.0 installation didn’t work after a restart, I’ll check my Drivers another day. It’s not a big deal, as long as the game starts I’m happy.
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.
:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

DirectX 9 ?? what version of Windows are you running ?

Windows 10 Home Edition

?? You should be using DirectX 12…

See “Check which version of DirectX is installed” on the Windows Support site:

1 Like

That is the version of the link you posted in your first post, I’ll get the correct virsion and give that a go. Thank you.

When you run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool app, you should see something similar to this:

(Though, you probably already know this).

1 Like

I ran the DirectX Diagnostic Tool DirectX 12 installed, no problems found on all pages. D3D Error box still showing.
Thank you for your assistance, I will have a look at my drivers.
:peace_symbol:

1 Like