A Fix for Calamity?

As a thought, would this fix Calamity?

1. The mark applies on attack before damage is dealt.
  2. Marked for Death gains the effect of the Contagion, Grim Reaper, Mortal Enemy and/or Death Toll runes (some combination to make it a bit stronger than just +15% damage).
1 Like

They could fix Calamity by rolling back the last nerf.

1 Like

The trouble with this item is that no build uses it, apart from zDps. Calamity should be an alternative for Dawn and should free up a skill slot entirely, if the player chooses to equip the skill, it should stack the damage bonus and become 30% additive.

An alternative to the additive 30%: Calamity makes marked enemies die at 15% health or less – just like Executioner. (this is most logical considering the skill name of the skill).

Calamity should be the choice when grouping with other players.

Everyone expects Calamity to apply MfD prior to damage calculations. Everyone expects the debuff to stay on the target, even if another is hit on the next attack.

To make Calamity competitive with Dawn in solo play, MfD should inherit contagion, mortal enemy and death toll runes.

So the final recommendation is:

• Automatically cast Marked for Death when you damage an enemy.
  • Marked for Death inherits contagion, mortal enemy and death toll runes.
  • Marked enemies now die at 15% health or less.

Would you use this item if it were changed like this?

3 Likes

Personally, no, but only because I intend to tie up my three slots if I can make a big enough stir that they actually boost Danetta’s Hatred to the point of viability with the Danetta’s set and Lianna’s Wings (to manage the Discipline cost of trying to keep up both Shadow Glide and Displacement).

But I’m sure with all those changes there must be some who would? (Let’s see what others say.)

A simple way to fix calamity would be change the mechanics of the items to something like this :

MDF gains the effect of mortal enemy rune and increase the bonus damage of MFD to 40% (And bring back the old mechanic of this item, that every single mob you damage gets MFD)

With a change like this one dawn will probably still be stronger, but the gap will not be that big

1 Like