A few questions about D3's ongoing support

Will there be a major change to game flow any time soon? What’s exactly the intentions behind the words “new game systems”? Development team only meant “new trigger mechanics for Sets”? Them Set bonuses where you cast to get rewarded by variable; this is it?

I’m aware it’s a crushing question and depends on the resources spared to the team but what shall we await from the words “new game systems”? What will you address with new game systems actually?
Game becoming a hamster wheel or lack of personal customization where multipliers loom above everything? Will it prolong the abruptly cut loothunt? Will it give us a new endgame model beside chores? Can we expect a skill system overhaul for the build diversity? Will there be more player to player interaction?

What’s ahead of us now that D4 is on its way? I don’t wanna swim against the stream or stand against a storm. Should I temper my expectations?

1 Like

D4 is a long way’s away, at least 3 years I would reckon. Blizzard has said that it’s far off even by Blizzard’s standards.

But there is a looming question for what happens to D3. It’s honestly a bit confusing. We know we’re getting new sets, but is that it? I doubt we’ll see any major overhauls given the limited team on it. It’s rather disappointing tbh. It’s hard to get excited over new sets when we know this is basically the end of it. That, and the new sets that were added in were just variations of builds we already had, so there wasn’t really anything new.

They still are not obliged to do ground-breaking stuff on Diablo 3 because it has no profit return. They are not interested in creating a competitive long bonding fanbase for their esports scheme.

Catering to the casual player base will get them “just enough” interest to cease in a matter of days after season start to reflect on MAU numbers at quarters.
I still think interest in WoW classic should’ve wake them somewhat and tell them that there’s a distinct border between being a hardcore player and having a math-obsession.

“New game systems” is some big words for a skeleton crew of a handful people with almost no resources to spend on game. All of their budget goes to the server maintenances. When that’s the case I do wonder what shall I expect.

We have to wait and see.