A few GoD questions (not about Valla's or BPs!)

Yep. Legendary gems have no effect on followers.

Yeah there’s an ICD. I forget exactly how long.

I like squirts for speed runs where the monsters die before they can hit you, especially when running multiplayer where the zDH makes it so that almost nothing attacks you. I usually see the squirts damage bonus up 90-100% of the runs.

I would normally transition to FoT for pushes and for levelling gems the last few levels, but I have not had any luck with them this season (20K Forgotten Souls spent on rerolls and not a single triple [cold%,crit, crit] one yet! :frowning: ) so I have been pushing with the Squirts as well. I do not die a lot with the FB shield and the high recovery of the build but the Squirts bonus is not up as much at the higher levels.

I was always under the impression that Devouring Arrow, being cold, triggers Cull The Weak itself.

Nope.

DH cold skills don’t apply a chill/slow unless they specifically say so (e.g. Wind Chill, Frost Arrow). This is pretty easy to confirm, take off all other sources of slows and you’ll see Devouring Arrow alone doesn’t apply a chill/slow.

For some strange reason it does trigger Numbing Traps though. I tested a couple other non-chilling cold DH skills and they seem to as well.

It seems like all cold DH skills trigger Numbing Traps, but cold DH skills only apply a chill/slow if they specifically say so. Weird behavior.

1 Like

But then why is everyone using Cull The Weak on GDDah without also using Thrill?

Follower can slow a decent few targets at a time. Everything in a huge pull? No. But Thunderfury slows a few targets, Templar’s Intimidate skill a few more.

Even without Thrill, a Templar/Enchantress with Thunderfury will have the RG slowed 100% of the time, plus a handful of targets in packs. It’s enough to make Cull still a decent option.

For a push, you’d need like less than 40% uptime on slows for Ambush/Archery to overtake Cull. But yeah, with Simplicity’s + Taeguk + Stricken being an option for pushes, it’s easier to forego 100% uptime on slows since you don’t have Trapped, and just rely on partial uptime for Cull, with 100% uptime on RG.

If there was room in the build for Trapped, you’d see more of an active attempt to slow stuff. There’s a much better argument for Thrill at that point. I run Thrill for speeds, because I run Trapped in place of Stricken. That’s a case where it makes more sense. Although you could definitely make an argument for not running Trapped + Thrill even in speeds and running something like Zei’s/Powerful + Steady Aim/Single Out instead.

2 Likes

I was using FoT and hit a wall at gr129. Several good maps but still not enough to pass it on time.
Then i changed FoT to Ess of Johan. First good map and NO Power or Conduit Pylon and i passed it with ease. Wearing Ess of Johan on you will proc the grouping way more often and it has pretty big range of grouping enemies. More range then barb wrething smash or monk cyclone strike.
My FoT had cold damage, crit damage, crit chance and cooldown. so my ess of johan have the same except the cold damage but the grouping is so good that i don’t notice the lost of this cold damage.
I also changed Fan of Knives to Wolf companion for more damage, all passive skills are about damage and in the cube i use elusive ring instead of convection. I find elusive ring way more useful. Only this ring and shadow power are my defensive skills and i stopped dying.

I have question of my own. This Thrill of the Hunt is it proc only from Strafe or it is also proc from the hungering arrow that strafe shoot?
It slows the enemy for 2 sec. Does that mean that after 2 sec if i hit it again it will slow again?
Strafe autoshoots every target but i am doubtful Thrill of the Hunt it has big effect on groups? I mean the ess of johan is enough to proc all passive skills when group the enemies and slows them.
Btw for how long ess of johan slows the grouping enemies?

This…
Had a hard time to do 125 with FoT, did 126 first try with EoJ on first playable map, not even great at all. Trying further.

Thrill of the Hunt does not proc from HA, whether manual cast or the free ones. If you don’t have Buriza or Valla’s equipped, then it’s probably not super effective since the Strafe projectiles will only hit the closest monsters and the rest won’t be slowed.

If you are able to hit any monster with Strafe every 2 seconds or less, they should be perma-slowed.

In general though, if you’re using Ess of Johan, Thrill of the Hunt is probably doing very little for you.

Thanks, That means i can put one more offensive skill.
What do you think of Single Out passive - For the RG maybe.
Other option i see people using Perfectionist for more toughness.
Don’t really like Archery but 5% is kinda of more damage lol.

I’m probably in the minority, but I use Elusive Ring in the cube, so all my passives are offensive. I use both Archery and Single Out.

Toughness and to make Shadow Power or Smoke Screen usage more manageable.

I ran Elusive in the cube up to about 1200 paragon. After I got a good a good set of ancients and a few augs on and got my toughness up I started running CoE instead.

1 Like

I’m almost there. Not sure if my brain will ever allow me to believe I’m tough enough, though.

I glanced at your DH. Is the AS on your FoT helpful or are you still in the 1.5 to 1.67 range? (Also, I’m betting you’re a WoT fan. :wink: )

I pushed gr129 so far. Next i am going for 130. Will try with the new stuff. i also use elusive ring and all passive are offensive.

1 Like

Gee, what gave you that idea haha?

Most of my character names come from fantasy series. Wheel of Time, Kingkiller Chronicles, Death Gate Cycle, and then a couple from Star Wars EU/Legends.

Yeah I actually need it. With a 2-hand crossbow, you need 37% IAS. So a 20% quiver, 10% paragon, and a 7% roll.

That FoT drop was actually what got me to switch to the 2-hand crossbow setup. At first I was like “awww, attack speed”. But then I realized I could use it as my IAS roll for a 2-hand crossbow setup. so it’s essentially an area damage roll. For the 2-hand crossbow setup, you need 1 attack speed roll to hit the 1.5 minimum for 9 fpa. Typically you’d grab it on gloves or a ring in place of an AD roll or ancient damage range. I just have it on my amulet instead.

Obviously, trifecta cold is better. But those are near-impossible to find, and this amulet is functionally equivalent to an AD/CHC/CHD amulet or an ancient damage range/CHC/CHD amulet, since I’m basically just moving the IAS roll from gloves/a ring to my amulet. Since you want at least one attack speed roll somewhere, and if you don’t have the luxury of a trifecta cold amulet or quad IAS gloves (looking at you, HunterKiller), it doesn’t really matter if you have the IAS on your amulet vs. gloves vs. ring.

Note: this is all discussion for my end-game setup. Right now I don’t have that much AD. I still need CDR + AD shoulders, and I have an extra CDR roll on my gloves that I don’t need which will eventually be an AD roll once I get ancient AD gloves.

2 Likes

Yes, join the 2h crossbow club!

My primal FoT rolled Lightning and LoH. :poop:

What!? Shhhhhhh :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

Not sure about the mechanics - but you might wanna take enchantress with +3 IAS. As I understand it, HA BPs still matter and work here - as we can’t get out 5+ hits with just weaving.

Templar hatred regen is not needed at all with 2h Xbow.

Would be still 9 Strafe FPA with 40 IAS on gear - but HA/weaving would be smoother as you jump from 1.9355 to 2.0 HA APS (with hunters included). Not a big difference though, but could help a little bit or make it a little bit more fluid.

Where are you guys getting you need a quiver with 20% AS. I have one with 19% and have 1.52 attacks per second according to sheet.

That’s from 19% Quiver, 10% Paragon, and 7% on Primal Channon Bolter.

Is the fact that the attack speed is on the weapon the thing that makes the difference or is 19% enough but 20% just seems easier to get?

I’m just not sure where you folks are getting 20% is necessary when according to the sheet 19% will do it too.

ias on weapon increases the base attack speed, even shown on the item popup. so itll be 1.18 aps X gear ias instead of the 1.1 base. or w.e it comes out to

my primal rolled fire. no wait, lightning. oh thats right, i just cant get a COLD one to drop

wheel of time is great

deleted (made a mistake)