A Casual Appreciation for Zombie Bears

Look, I want to preface this by saying that I am probably considered a fairly casual Diablo 3 player. Despite owning the game basically since release, I have only recently hit 1600 paragon non-seasonal, and prior to season 23 the highest GR I’d ever cleared was a 95.

So please understand that despite Ursua’s Trodden Effigy actually being released last November, it was only when I gained renewed interest from the follower rework that I was made aware of the item. So, excited to see my favorite WD skill had been given a power boost, and that the starter set for WD this season was helltooth harness, I decided to give seasonal a go and solve all my problems by throwing hordes of zombified bears at them.

And let me just say that I’ve been having an absolute blast. There are few gaming experiences that have given me as much joy as summoning endless waves of zombie bears to crash into my foes. I’ve even cleared a GR 105 and completed enough conquests to unlock an extra stash tab! So yeah, just wanted to share my positive experience.

5 Likes

For all the complaints about this game “only having one way to play” it’s actually quite diverse. Sure, if you’re absolutely fixated on getting to the top of the leader boards there are limited options. But if you just want to have some fun wading thru hoards of monsters with some light social interaction (clans or groups) this game is still quite good. I just discovered the fun of playing an LOD bomb Sader with endless blessed shields. Only got him up to GR75 so far but it’s been a ton of fun. Besides leveling to 70 when was the last time you socketed something besides a flawless royal emerald in your weapon? So try new things, or go back to old ones and see how the new gear, etc. change them. But above all have fun.

3 Likes

Good, i’ll retry zombie bears, it was my favorite spell also.