A Barb Response to the Lamentation Nerf

Well that video…well…if you look at my previous charts on the other posts it looks about correct. I’ll fix one thing.

Wizard: :t_rex:
Crusader: :dragon:
Necro: :snake:
DH: :gorilla:
WD: :crocodile:
Monk: :blowfish:
Barb: :chipmunk:

1 Like

Wow…

That’s exactly how I DON’T want to play. Even I, barely doing level 100 Grift with 1150 Parangon and largely under optimized builds, can see everything is wrong in this video, that’s not how we should have to play.

1 Like

In some random FB Diablo group and they are all acting like Barb got a bigger buff than Crusader. Got told I hadn’t even played it and to be happy that he can now do 100s. Urghhhhhhhhhhh.

1 Like

The actual worst website on the internet. So glad I got rid of it 8 years ago, havent looked back.

3 Likes

In an ideal world, Dust Devils are easily fixed. Just modify them so they deal the entirety of all WW damage (skill x all multipliers) in a _single hit that is absorbed by the impacted enemy. In other words, prevent DDs from ticking and from continuing to exist once they damage a target. One calculation for impact, then one for procs. I think it’s reasonable to assume that would cut all lag in half.

As for Rend, if we had a 200% multiplier on Lamentation, it wouldn’t need much more unless you want to play a LoD Rend build, in which case you would need one or two more multipliers totaling about 800%, and that’s not likely to happen for a single skill. Rend is gonna be Wastes set or bust.

Yeah, that’s frustrating, but bear in mind that they’re not looking at the bigger picture. If we had kept the PTR buff, they’d be doing easy 105s right now, and 100 would be even easier.

Casual players will benefit the most from a reversion of the nerf, even if they don’t see it yet.

7 Likes

Barbs, is there still hope?

When Nev responded to this post a couple of hours ago. In regards to if we will see any more tweaks prior to the season start. My heart skipped a beat. IS THERE HOPE? Even just the slightest adjustment to lamentation is better than 0%. I’d settle for 50% at this point preferably 100 minimum though.

Just some data; at 1220 paragon, with somewhat optimized gear, gems 100+ and lvl80 augments on everything I have capped at GR 112. I have been fishing since last night, can’t go any higher.

But that’s not how you balance a game. You know it has to be balanced around one guy with 10.5K para that done 140 on PTR, and has thoughts and feelings about how high it can go… :roll_eyes:

Judging by current events, my slightly tongue in cheek comments about 200% not being a big enough buff are not far off the mark.

7 Likes

Honestly I don’t see why anyone would play a LoD Rend build, full ancient it would give you +9750% total damage, far less than the total damage from the Wastes, and even in the case of another legendary buffing Rend specifically taking one slot of the Wastes, making it’s use impossible in conjunction (Admitting you already have 5 pieces and are using the Ring), you would simply have to cube it and let hell be unleashed.
Frankly, if one wants to play a WW or Rend build, might as well do it with the Wastes.

Or you can buff LoD in it’s entirety, like +1500% damage per ancient item, why not, although it would cause others issues since it’s not a Barb specific thing…

1 Like

This has been my experience so far. I did a 110 last night, and will probably cap off at 115. It’s easier to run than it used to be, but the damage is now concentrated mid band, Ulma already showed us it cant handle a 133.

1 Like

At least now they have the chance to see the PTR changes without the season buff. Maybe logic will finally prevail. Though I doubt it.

3 Likes

Based off what Nev said we still have a slimmer of hope we can get a revert on the lamentation belt to some degree whether it be full, half or even more. Still holding out a bit of optimism despite everything. But I usually always try to look on the brighter side of things. Heres to hoping we get something back for this upcoming season!

1 Like

Top officials should know how incompetent the people behind this. Hmmm… maybe it’ss time to ask a favor :grinning:

Honestly, I don’t even mind the Crusader buff. D3 is going to be replaced in a couple of years by D4, so people being able to solo GR150 should be possible before the end.

My beef is that they gutted WW/Rend to a point where it now lags behind other Barb builds (and lets not even compare it to other classes). Ideally, we get all 4 (5) sets in a closer range, with LoD builds likely being an outlier. And this is from someone that prefers to play with the IK set.

4 Likes

anddddddd we have a 150 solo completed.

Wonder why it took so long.

Same.

Again: I am not asking for Crusader nerfs of any kind.

I want Barb buffed further.

I want Monk buffed further.

I want Impale DH buffed further.

I want every class in the 140+ range with multiple builds.

Buffs, not nerfs. If Saders can do 150 solo, that’s none of my business. I, for one, salute them!

12 Likes

aaaannnnndddd Barbs got nerfed, cause a guy did a 140 GR :rofl:

I want Multishot UE to get buffed further or just Yang’s and DML… Never had a single Primal Yang’s drop in game EVER. Buff it period and stop treating barbs like ZDPS slaves…

4 Likes

but remember others have said we just cry for other nerfs :rofl:

Hoping there’s a hotfix still in the works for us before season goes live. I feel there is enough stuff that needs to be tweaked we still have a chance. Bazooka still works among other things. Keep the faith Barbs!

Which region/player with the 150???