99 Problems and Savages is one

Ive put over 40 hours on my Barb this season and I have to say this class is under powered. Not everyone is going to hit 5K paragon to make this shine.

I noticed using Echoing Fury which provides 5 stacks of Frenzy, those aren’t proc’d by the set-1000% damage per Frenzy stacks and reduced damage taken.
Should be 15000% total damage with all stacks up.

I feel that should be the case in the next round of buffs.

Thanks!

1 Like

Gotta say, I don’t agree. We have a top 3 build, and H90, which is tied with Pro-Slam, is also very powerful–more so than what several classes have on hand. Sure, all our builds aside from Zodiac Rend could use a small buff, but the class as a whole is not under-powered.

Barbs are fortunate right now. We’re in a very good spot. If you need help with the build, check out the stickied guide in this forum and we’ll get you on track. 40 hours on a Barb isn’t much at all, and there’s plenty of room to progress.

5 Likes

Actually, I think 엔류 has proved pretty conclusively that H90 is better than Pro-Slam (probably +1-2 GRs), and should be considered our unchallenged second best build.

That’s not how Echoing Fury works… the “Frenzy” EF sends you into is not the same as the Barb skill “Frenzy”, though I certainly understand the confusion!

1 Like

I can do solo GR106 with Sunkeeper and Stone of Jordan. Hellfire Necklace. I’m shooting for GR120 solo.

Also I think Primal drops should be influenced by what is worn at the time. Not getting useless crap drops.

Why isn’t your seasonal barb using FnR? You are missing massive damage boost.

At your paragon level, 120 is totally doable with a little fishing if you change up your build.

First I think you meant you think the Savages set is under powered and not the barb class, and second, as others mentioned, Savages is in a great spot compared to TV Hydra wiz (better solo PLUS can be viable RGK in 4p).

2 Likes

The confusion most likely comes about because the icon for the buff that Echoing Fury provides is exactly the same icon for the Frenzy skill and the buff it gives is called Frenzied…
https://i.imgur.com/kP8bBhl.jpg

2 Likes

I still think the bigger problem with this set is that it just isn’t that interesting. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t find the play style engaging.

Yes, agreed. They really should have come up with a different picture and name for it.

Text could be: “Slaying enemies makes the wielder VERY ANGRY”

Icon for “Angry Stacks” could look like this: https://imgur.com/a/zv2JXgT

Different strokes, I suppose. After years of insane fishing with Leapquake, I’m really enjoying playing a set that has a pretty narrow range between “an easy clear” and “a very hard clear”.

That said, I’m still playing a lot of Leapquake, despite the comparative weakness of the build. Just my happy place, I guess.

3 Likes

We could have 3 or more. I would be more satisfied if we had at least 3 competitive barb builds at ~ 140 than just 1 top 3.

1 Like

Sure, but unlikely to happen.

Right now, H90, Pro-Slam, and Vile Charge are more or less competitive. VC looks to be the weakest by at least 2 tiers, but all seem able to contend in the 135-137 GR range, albeit with startling differences in Paragon.

We’d all like to see our major builds, particularly Pro-Slam, Fire EQ, and IK HOTA brought up to part with H90, and we’d all like to see the gap between them and Rend narrowed, but that doesn’t seem realistic right now–at least not for another two or three patches.

2 Likes

while i agree to buff H90 as well as some other poor performing skills (boulder toss, hota, EQ etc.), i also feel barb is in a decent spot compared to most other classes

i did a 125 with H90 (echoing fury,coe setup) with only 1500 paragon(eu), which is pretty good. yes i pushed hard and was lucky with the gear and ww/rend is still stronger but at least it’s playable(close to competative) while also beeing casual-friendly
for next seaon: hopefully we get 1-2 little tweaks + a much more interesting season theme (i know it’s dh and necros turn just 1-2 little numberchanges)