9/16/2021 Edit: Loot Systems Updates/Clarification

Yeah, and most of them have no clue what is even asked for.

There is that one guy who writes a book about ploot flooding the market clearly thinking that it is 8x8player loot. A mere 10 seconds of forum read would have cleaned up that confusion.
But to be fair, Rob also did not add it to his tweet. So maybe they were actually considering 8x8 loot.

1 Like

well how ever it goes if they do manage to sink D2R thats also end for D4 :laughing:

1 Like

Irrespective of D2R, D4 will sell >30 million copies over its lifetime.

2 Likes

uhm so u really think that if they manage to change D2R as trainwreck they can sell D4 after that? :man_facepalming:. well i can personally say least that if this is getting ruined i would never even consider of touching a D4

Its pretty clearly understood. It is just misconceived notion that we don’t understand.

• We don’t want a toggle option.
  • We don’t want a forced option for Personal Loot.
  • We don’t want a roll system.
  • We don’t want separate realms with magical features.
  • We want the loot system to remain the same.

Vicarious Visions has other areas of greater importance to focus on than changing a loot system that works right now.

• Chat integration scares me because they really didn’t give us a great example of how they are making that work.
  • Re-integrating Guild Features (They were nearly complete and still exist in the game files).
  • Combatting botting/scripters would be number one for me. That is MUCH more important than altering the loot system.
  • Ladder and its integration. How can they incentivize it now?
  • Stackable Gems (Very helpful, if you’ve ever traded 40 chippies for a SoJ you understand!)
  • Mercenary Balance (Make the other acts not worthless in most cases) This would make Merc Battles/PvP Duels much more fun and diverse.
  • Slight Balancing of skills that are never used (Run back-end reports on classes/hours played/skills used.)

So I am sorry that you’re too slow to loot items. (INB4 PickIT comment) But there are WAY more important things to look at.

1 Like

Your we is different than our we.

1. We want a toggle option.
  2. We do not want to force anyone to choose FFA or personal loot. It is their decision.
  3. We are ok with a roll system.
  4. Some of us are ok wither either a separate realm or at game creation to make an optional loot selection.
  5. We want players to still have the right to choose FFA loot.
  6. We want players to have freedom to choose.
3 Likes

To add to this specific point:
Roll system that automatically happens and allocates items for manual pick-up (not a vote-roll as in some mmorpgs).
Also rolls are already happening on every drop and are a core mechanic of d2. So it is ridiculous of someone to say “we dont want a roll system” unless they have no idea how their loot is currently already being calculated.

Thats correct. And your we keeps saying its larger, but its not.

There are more important areas to focus on that some tears about loot allocation. There is no argument that those features aren’t more important than loot allocation.

Its last on the list at best, if its not then some selfish players put their loot preference and need for options over actual features that help EVERYONE instead of one set of people.

In the largest poll with publicly available data it is. 84 likes when I last looked for Rod’s tweet stating that personal loot is still being discussed. More than his other 3 relevant tweets.

There are more important areas to focus on that some tears about loot allocation. There is no argument that those features aren’t more important than loot allocation.

This is the last sentence to look at when you keep screaming about loot allocation. Argue that, and MAYBE its worth discussing.

The point is not that majority of people want this or that. Blizzard heard it and already taken note of the suggested change. Will it happen? Not for release but it may happen in future or not.
This discussion is technically “over” until it is confirmed that they want to implement it and ask for ways to do so. Until then it is just bashing heads against each other with no results. People can still voice their opinions and take part in any poll there is but there is nothing to discuss anymore. The topic gained enough attention that Blizzard responded to it and it takes a little more than just a topic or two (2) in the forums.

I’m not attacking anyone and I hear what you are saying… talk ‘can’ be ‘pretty cheap’, sometimes not so much. DeLi was an interesting one… no real statement of intent but should really have just said ‘refund’ lol

Not so sure about that.

Blizzard can lucky focus on multiple issues over time.

Yeah, stuff like that should be #1 priority. As well as the console lobby.
Also skill bar for mouse/keyboard.

Would be fine with this. Not important imo, as external tools for guilds/clans will always be much better, but sure.

Hopefully they wont incentivize ladder anymore. That was a bad idea.

I’d be quite fine with these.

We dont know. But the data we have so far indicates that it could be.

The devil is in the details, so dicussing how to best make that Ploot system seems pretty relevant.
Discussing it after Blizzard suddenly announce it in patchnotes, is a bit late.

You are right about that. However most discussions recently were not about details but about good or bad or confirmed or not.

Yeah, I will definitely agree that the confirmed/denied discussion is extremely silly.

Good or bad still seems relevant, as people should be able to say they dont want a feature at all, even when someone else are discussing the details of such a change.

It’s called writing.

Keep editing your original post. You look silly.

Thanks tips! :+1:…………………

The hell you going on about troll?
Go back to being hidden.

Not talking to you. Microna and the original thread.

Flagged your post. Hateful small person.

1 Like