9/16/2021 Edit: Loot Systems Updates/Clarification

How would having the exact same drops as ffa be lazy and more loot?

You make zero sense and a huuuuge assumption.

Explain it…how I’m going to get more loot. Please…mic’s yours

1 Like

heard ever that game is based ffa and thats competition based…ploot= lazy non competition option…there u go and ty for proving my point that u never actually played ODD2 since u didn’t even know basics here

So you got absolutely nothing except your opinion that ffa is competitive and ploot is not.

Not even a budge of information on how I’d get more loot.

I can explain how I could possibly get more loot:
Play with 8 players in games that they work together and clear all high ilvl areas at a faster pace then playing in solo games.

More players in game higher drop rate X speed of kills/game clears

That’s the difference, except I can do this socially in a group with anyone

2 Likes

so u cannot read between lines? :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:
lemme help u a bit here. if there’s competition that does make u obtain less usually…it was not so hard. and when competition is removed what does it make then?

1 Like

??? Remaster and not remake ???

Let see: Rod has already announced that additional new features will be coming after D2R launch.

What changes have already happened in D2R. Here is a list of 27 and counting

See:
27 Changes In D2:R So Far [More Coming Post-Launch] - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Can you honestly still claim that this is a remaster and not a remake?

1 Like

as the core mechanics dont change is still a remaster

then again

1 Like

I refer you to my OP that has more expansive set of his relevant tweets and their context.

“It” is a pronoun. To understand his quote, one must know what “it” refers to.

1 Like

you want context?

entire conversation

The other two post that you keep posting are answers to other people BEFORE his final answer on this one. Have a great day

1 Like

It’s a remaster, at least according to the definition of Blizzard.
On the shop page they advertise the audio as remastered and generally speaking

“A Classic ARPG, Remastered”

Diablo II: Resurrected™ - Diablo II: Resurrected | Battle.net

4 Likes

Also on the main web of Diablo 2 resurrected

Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

And yet you forgot this tweet from the same time frame from a few minutes earlier. In that response, he made it clear that nothing with the loot system was changing at launch and if a change happened post launch, FFA would still exist and personal loot would be optional.

Simply put, We are not doing it refers to at launch and potentially ever.

Rod Fergusson on Twitter: “@nvb_84 Not for launch but it’s something the team continues to discuss.” / Twitter

1 Like

I must admit that i understood it the same way. Not at launch but who knows what will happen in the future.

3 Likes

Are you really that childish?
He is answering directly to this

1 Like

About Personal Loot, I think they should consider adding it as AN OPTION in the create game tab, together alongside the other options already in there (password, level difference, game difficulty etc).

I can’t see it being hard to implement like this, people choose it in their games as they like it or not, and pleases everyone’s taste. You want it? create or join a game with it. You don’t want it? create of join a game without it.

Why complicate things and create conflict? If this game was like WoW with full realms with same rules to hundreds/thousands of players I see the issue, that would imply full servers with it or without it, but in a game that there’s hundreds or thousands of “worlds” comprised in 8 player maximum “rooms”, why not just add an option in game creation?
Problem solved!

And of course, no way to add it for Sept. 23, but add the option in a patch post launch…

3 Likes

“Relax - we are not doing it”

On the same page he even said specifically
“Not for launch but it’s something the team continues to discuss.”

I think it is pretty accurate what he meant and the assumption that they might implement it in the future is not false.

2 Likes

Agreed. Also, if you look at the screenshot from Blizzard’s accessibility blog post, the options menu has a tab that was not in the beta. In the beta, one could set game options (e.g. player number, level restrictions) in a different menu altogether. This “new tab” could be where Blizzard could put the toggle.

2 Likes

Factually not true.
Some will obtain less, some more. On average, the same.

TCP/IP removed. Modding seems basically removed.
Its more like WC3R all over again.

Yeah, that part is a fact. However Blizzard can define remaster however they want, so it means nothing.

2 Likes

if i say not for launch but we are discussing it

and other complains about that specific answer

and the response is Relax we are not doing it.

its pretty clear that he went to a decision if its like you interpretate he is trolling that guy because he didn’t answer him at all.

:100:

This is a simple concept.

1 Like