Diablo III PTR 2.7.5 - Has Concluded

The question remains as to how the spawning behavior will work as 5 is still very finite amount. Will they stay in place where you don’t need them or will new ones overwrite the old ones. With strafe you have the potential to proc multiple times in a very short period of time. Do the strafe shots prioritize enemies over hitting the traps, do they prioritize traps over enemies or are they equally weighted? If you use an AoE skill do they only proc off of the 1st enemy hit or all? We all know how well Calamity has been coded so I’m a bit skeptical about the mechanics of the new Nat’s.

Well, since the PTR has not started yet, I am not sure to whom you are looking to answer that question. Or was it just rhetorical?

No one has had an opportunity to test it yet.

I was 1st adressing the concern over lag due to an overabundance of procs and then went off on a tangent about my concern over mechanics. Purely rhetorical!

Just my angst over still not seeing any love for Chakram. :wink:

1 Like

They’re almost certainly going to just disappear at the end of the season, but it can’t hurt to try. All you miss out on is some lousy mats. The chance at having a bunch of primal weapons would be worth the loss.

Hi all - we updated a few details on the 2.7.5 PTR notes. We have added additional information to further explain the Altar of Rites and Primordial Ashes features.

16 Likes

Thank you very much.

The link gives me “500 Internal Server Error”. Changing “us.” to “eu.” makes it work.

I think this was added.

"To unlock a Seal, the Seal preceding it must first be unlocked—this does not apply to Seals R, S, and T because of how they’re positioned within the Altar. For example, if you want to unlock Seal B or C, Seal A must first be unlocked. There is also no limit to how many Seals or Potions can be unlocked within a given time period, if you have the required materials to sacrifice to the Altar. Regardless of the order in which you unlock Seals and Potions, the cost will increase as shown below."

And this:

Only one upgraded Primal Item may be worn at a time and upgraded Primal Items do not retain the properties of the Legendary Item that was used. New affixes are rolled for all upgraded Primal Items.

To unlock a Seal, the Seal preceding it must first be unlocked—this does not apply to Seals R, S, and T because of how they’re positioned within the Altar. For example, if you want to unlock Seal B or C, Seal A must first be unlocked.

This makes it sound like you can jump from A to R, or from T to R, or am I misreading it?

They also nerfed the possibility of a Natalya/Shadow hybrid.

I think you are. From what I understand, it just says that these seals (R S and T) are connected with two-way paths (as opposed to all the other ones being one-way)

They just added a red text to the updates, enjoy.

1 Like

So this diagram is accurate?

2 Likes

Seems it is.

1 Like

So they enable strafe to be used with a melee weapon and then next season make it no longer viable. Check. That’s sad as it was very fun to use while gearing up.

Verification that they’re making it all up as they go along. Check.

Edit: It just clicked that this also nerfs the damage of Vengeance, grenades and any procs as well. Once again showing how much thought they put into things. I’ll be very surprised if Nat’s is mechanically sound. They likely didn’t do much if any internal testing.

1 Like

You don’t need 19 (or 20) emojis.

For example, this emoji: :face_vomiting: is 15 characters.

It’s the characters that make up the emoji and not the emoji itself that counts. So, the example above would be counted as: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I am not ungrateful by any means. I figure they must be attaching Rain of Vengeance damage to another green set as it would be illogical to remove it completely without the intention to reassign it to another green set.

Perhaps they will see how it goes and maybe do what they did with the Patterns of Justice for the Monk and re-include it back in so it has two secondary properties??
Who knows?? - regardless, Natalya’s was the only set that truly used it and while I am happy the spikes get some love, taking away the love from something else is rarely a good idea.

1 Like

“New affixes are rolled for all upgraded Primal Items”

Could this mean either of the following?

1. A random legendary power from existing legendary items. Meaning a CoE crafted by a DH could roll with the power of the Elusive Ring instead of elemental damage.

2. A random legendary power from existing legendary items. Meaning a CoE crafted by a DH could roll with the power of something specific to another class.

3. A new legendary power similar to the sanctified items. Meaning OP!

This is going to be interesting.