*MAJOR* bug with community event!

You should have gotten more than I did then…unless they silently hotfixed the drops down to nothing.

Another player on the French forum says he’s getting 2 or 3 in the ancient vault… I passed on the tip about trying it in T13. We’ll see :slight_smile:

(sometimes, I think testing is more fun than the game itself – :rofl: )

Oh I was only on T13 because being the filthy casual that I am I had just finished a (crappy) UE set and could tackle a T13 vault. Need to get some augments and/or better affix rolls to survive higher Torments. I wasn’t there because T13 gives more, that’s just where my character that I’d left off a couple months back could get to.

Tried at T13… got 1 gift only… early in the 1st section. Nothing in the other sections.
Perhaps Blizz did nerf it between your attempts and mine.

Am going back to T16… :slight_smile:

Take care !

Yeah, it looks like they massively nerfed the drop rates on these. Additionally I’m getting hardly any goblins in the ancient vaults now. :confused:

Thanks for the flag all.

We have identified the issue and have noted it here on the Bug Report forum. D3 Holiday Event - Being away can lead to gifts disappearing - Bug Report - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

RE: Nerfed Drop Rates - We did not adjust drop rates.

7 Likes

Dang. Thanks for the post! This is a really strange bug, but glad it’s been noted/confirmed.

Keep your gifts safe from the Grinch ya’ll!

I don’t think that’s a bug but an unintentional side effect to a small script.
When Greater Rift Guardian is dead, and you manage to town portal away, any and all Elites that are still alive from activating a Pylon with Nemesis, simply vanish. I think same thing unintentionally must have applied here and make the gifts deleted in the process. If Holiday Gifts are mistagged with Greater Rift Guardian’s presence or lack there of, some scripting issue would call this flag. Nobody could guess that until they see this post though, so good call.

It happens in vaults too, so it isn’t necessarily tied to the presence of a guardian. I wasn’t even in town long enough to AFK. I was there long enough to spam right click to gamble rings, salvage them, and return to pick up the gifts only to find them gone. Took all of about 25 seconds for them to poof. Made me a sad panda.

It should be noted that Greed’s chamber had not yet been entered and thus she was still alive and no exit timer was activated for the vaults.

Are you sure? TheTias mentions a “ton” and “a screenful” in an ancient vault run, then hardly in later runs. I just ran my first couple ancient vaults since the event went live and I have not gotten any.

I know, I have read your post well, I was just doing some recalls to any vanishing script that already exist in the game. Once GR Guardian is dead any alive entity in the Greater Rift itself get deleted the instant you step into town portal; there’s no timer or a countdown. Mine is just a wild estimation of a guess without knowing the proper background code of things.
You can easily mistag an entity under another (ie. put Holiday Gift under GR Guardian loot table to have it strongly recall it) instead of creating a unique tag, then attach this to another entity (ie. Goblins with % chance to call this specific Gift loot in the GR Guardian’s loot table), hence problem exist in some level across any situation.

Also I haven’t found any Gifts in Ancient Vault either, but I managed to miss a few goblins by scaring them beyond closed doors, which I have no idea how I done that.

Some skills go through walls. Thankfully multishot does not (usually).

I’ll need to find several more puzzle rings, but there are three possibilities:

1. Drop rates were in fact nerfed. For now I’m discounting this until I’ve done more runs to try and weed out RNG pendulum swings. Well that and I take Pez at his word, especially since he has no reason to lie to us.

2. I’m having the aforementioned RNG pendulum swings. RNG’s a fickle beast like that sometimes.

3. There is an actual difference, due to either a bug or a purposeful change Pez wasn’t made aware of, between naturally ancient puzzle rings and those that are made ancient via the Angelic Crucibles. The run where I had lots of gifts and goblins was from a naturally ancient puzzle ring and the barren runs were from AC imbued puzzle rings. If I continue to get pathetic results via the AC’d rings vs. normal ancient rings, then this would be the most likely reason why. Needs further testing though, preferrably by a lot of people.
1 Like

I have a few normal ancient rings in non-season. I go run 2 real quick back to back and report on that.

Welcome to join me? lol (psssst, you aren’t on my friend list anymore… lol)

Leviathan too if they want.

I said this on the bug thread, but I have never seen a large multi drop of them. I have only gotten 1 gift for every Ancient vault I have ran. HOWEVER, I have not ran an ancient vault using an already Ancient or Primal version of the ring. So… I have 5 of those in my normal side of the game. Saving some for a friend to run with me on, but will sacrifice two for testing.

Edit: I’ve done 5 crucibled rings, and I got a total of 2 gifts across all runs. I haven’t tried any natural ancients or regulars.

Second edit: and then on my next one I got 7.

1 Like

Can confirm this. It happened to me, Went to empty inventory and when i went back the consumable icon was gone.

I often post in the General section first even if it’s a bug or a tech issue since this where most of the forum traffic is.

That’s what I’m doing too and I have run two greater vaults with zero gifts. This would explain it.

Yeah, but even doing that I still managed to get at least one. I don’t normally see items disappearing.

For the record, they won’t show as a consumable. They will show on the ground as Holiday Gift with a green (set item) mini map icon.

2 Likes

It seems that drop rate gets lower over time just like it was for EN keys.