*MAJOR* bug with community event!

This is a word of warning for those wanting to get transmogs or just like hunting for the holiday gifts: Do not under any circumstances let them get offscreen or teleport to town before picking them up or else they will despawn.

I had the unfortunate circumstance where I capped my blood shards in an ancient vault that had a ton of holiday gifts, and teleported to town to gamble rings. Big mistake. Upon returning all of the holiday gifts had despawned. A second vault confirmed that even letting them get sufficiently offscreen will despawn them.

If you want to get those gifts, pick them up right away or you’ll lose them.

23 Likes

Yes, I know about the bug forum. I posted here first to get the most views since players themselves are going to look here first. It’d be nice if you’d stop doing the whole post is nothing but a link to another forum like some obnoxious hall monitor already. It’s exceedingly tiresome.

14 Likes

Well I for one am glad they posted it here. I don’t make a habit of reading the bug report forum and this advice will save me from potentially losing my loot.

Good job OP :+1:

12 Likes

And it would be nice if you could actually read, as I noted I posted here first. Did you really think I hadn’t thought of the bug report forum?

11 Likes

Thanks for posting this :+1: I guess it could even apply to vault runs if you move too far before you pick up loot…

3 Likes

He is WELL aware of the rules as a former Tech Support MVP. His first goal was to help other players and then second to post on the Bug Report forum. Had you looked, you would have seen that he had posted there before you decided to comment.

Not everyone has poor intentions or is lacking knowledge.

Thanks Tias. That is a good warning to have.

24 Likes

That’s one of the things I noted in my post. I literally had an entire screenful of the happy little gifts and they went bye bye all at once. Lesson learned the hard way. ;(

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’m not going to read every new post on the Bug thread, and keeping others informed is what this forum is for.

Maybe somwday Blizz will make a pet in Avalon’s honor… The Teacher’s Pet.

3 Likes

It would be even nicer if you started acting according to the code of conduct:
“These forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspects of Blizzard games with other players. Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums.”

9 Likes

I did not see this bug honestly , I was running like 30 Sanc vault ring and see some gifts dropped like a green set items but I teleport to town because my stash is too full. When i come back I still have 3 of those gifts to pick up,

That’s weird. I have not had that happen, I usually rush clear the vault then go back through and pick things up. The gifts have been staying there.

But will keep it in mind. I never teleport to town, I just go through killing, then walk back through picking up gems, mats and legendaries, then pick up normal items last and tele as needed.

I have had goblins dissapear if I leave the vault and come back (like in the next section) which is why I clear first then pickup.

1 Like

I did two separate vaults. The first was a teleport to town. Returning poofed all the gifts. The second vault where I went through and killed and then returned to claim the gifts netted the same result. Poofed gifties. It’s possible it’s random like so many other bugs seem to be. If it isn’t happening to everyone then I’m happy for those that got lucky, but after my experiences I’ll be making sure to pick those gifts up ASAP so I won’t have wasted my time again.

Same here… but I play solo and I don’t get that many gifts in an ancient vault… 4 is the maximum I’ve had so far.

How do you get that many ?? I’m jealous :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warning… hopefully someone in QA will figure out what’s going on and pass it on to the Dev team.

Best of luck in your games !

On a T13 ancient vault I easily counted 25 or so gifts just on the first two sections. I got lucky and all but one of the goblins was a regular treasure goblin (the other types don’t seem to drop gifts). Then I got unlucky and lost all of the gifts because I teleported to town before picking them up. Supreme bummer.

OK – I’ll give that a try thanks…

I’ve been doing them at T16…

Man i thought you were having a bad day or something from the first few posts where you did something like this to me but it seems like you just patrol these forums looking for any reason to call someone out for posting in the wrong forum.

You should have gotten more than I did then…unless they silently hotfixed the drops down to nothing.

Another player on the French forum says he’s getting 2 or 3 in the ancient vault… I passed on the tip about trying it in T13. We’ll see :slight_smile:

(sometimes, I think testing is more fun than the game itself – :rofl: )

Oh I was only on T13 because being the filthy casual that I am I had just finished a (crappy) UE set and could tackle a T13 vault. Need to get some augments and/or better affix rolls to survive higher Torments. I wasn’t there because T13 gives more, that’s just where my character that I’d left off a couple months back could get to.

Tried at T13… got 1 gift only… early in the 1st section. Nothing in the other sections.
Perhaps Blizz did nerf it between your attempts and mine.

Am going back to T16… :slight_smile:

Take care !