Challenge Rift 270 - EU

This really does look bad. Low LoD, basically no other damage multipliers, no toughness. The fact that a pro player like Raxx supports changing this to something more sensible is telling.

To put this in perspective, I’m actually now considering to postpone my own S27 start. Having those materials from the CR is more or less must. I’m in no rush, I don’t compete in leaderboards or anything so it wouldn’t matter that much postponing.

8 Likes

Then next week they’ll probably throw us an all yellow build

2 Likes

I hope it will be easier in a group of 4… we will try and practice on Friday afternoon before 5pm.

since the patch should be coming out in the next couple of days, maybe it changes then, keep your fingers crossed.

I tried it, it’s a real nightmare…

1 Like

Team is aware. Expect this to change sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

70 Likes

Thank oh so very much!

Thank you very much! <3

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Having a too difficult CR at season start can deter people from playing.

There have been difficult CRs at season start before but based on the feedback I’ve seen this might have been excessively difficult. Majority of players generally do CR only for the season start and want to get over with it as quickly as possible. This wouldn’t been the case with CR 270.

1 Like

I haven’t played in years, but was dusting of my Wizard robes until I saw the challenge rift. Tried it for a good while, but this is just impossible for me so was thinking of hanging back my robes, but it looks I’ll be playing after all.

Manald is useless when your hurling frozen orbs and the combination with Storm Armor is just plain ridicilious. Also teleport on the bar, but not the illusionist passive. And a Zei with rank 0 despite the fact that the Frozen Orb makes this a RANGED build and to top it all off a useless 2H weapon.

Honestly, why didn’t they put 2 set pieces on the character to make it a REEL challenge.

1 Like

Thank you.
I would have been very disappointed to have to wait until next week to start the season.

1 Like

What a great reactivity on your part. Much love from EU <3

1 Like

Excellent news, thanks a lot @PezRadar!

2 Likes

So what?

Why? You can’t compete vs US players with your EU hero.

So?

Why do you compare it to NA?

If you can’t do it you can skip it.

Why so much drama about potential 2-3 more hours of play to the lvl 70. CR is same for everyone in EU.

Why it is a must? We had so many seasons before CR was introduced to the game.

I never saw anyone complain that 90% of CRs are too easy. That is the problem here.
People can practice that CR few days ahead and they still complain. Snow flakes.

1 Like

I was waiting for this to show up.

The fact that blizz themselves acknowledge it means it was truly a problem. Since the rewards are so enticing it isn’t meant to be a brick wall.

And yes, saving 3-4 hours of lvling and bounty runs is a big plus.

No need to be a jerk to us casuals.

9 Likes

Since i know nothing about Asia CR, i compare it to what i know about.

It’s not a must, but it really speeds up the process and makes things more efficient.

I’ve done the season start on all 3 regions for several seasons, but I’ll probably wait until Sunday to run things. It’s no fun to hold off on Challenge Rift, do it as soon as season starts, get to level 70, only for Blizzard to rollback or restart the season because of some mistake they made. (This has happened a couple of times on the Asia server.).

And then I see people cry that last season was too long. There is nothing to do…

1 Like

If you like the challenge, then just level without the CR reward.
Right now you are angry over nothing, which makes you more of a snowflake than anyone here.

11 Likes

I dunno man, the overwhelming majority agreed this needed change including people that are far better at the game probably even than you.

5 Likes