4th cube slot needs to be made permanent

I care as I said already. I prefer balance. Powercreep as evidenced by the 4th cube slot makes balance worse not better.

Your argument that perfect balance is not achievable is accurate: howerver, balance can be better and bettet balance is achievable. The inability to be perfect should not be a deterrent from improvement or an excuse to make thins worse in my mind.

You can see this table that is slightly out of date to see the problems the cube causes where a single class account for >95% of all GR 150 solo clears.

Do you think there should be more equity for the other 6 classes?

5 Likes

Because it’s power creep. To be more specific, completely unnecessary power creep. It changes nothing! Do you understand? If you just bloat the numbers, nothing really changes. There is zero added diversity.

I care. As it has been pointed out, the 4th slot as it is now treats classes and builds unequally. It’s detrimental to the overall balance.

3 Likes

I’m totally down for the 4th cube slot being permanent :smiley: It does give more of a build diversity to pretty much every build.

4 Likes

Who cares about power creep??

Certainly noone capable of rational thought, because like we keep saying, there’s no such thing as true competition in D3.

Sticking leaderboards on a dungeon crawler doesn’t automatically make it competitive. Ranking is 100% worthless.

But I’ll hold my breath and wait patiently for you to let us all know why we should care about ranking, and what wonderful rewards it brings us…

2 Likes

The reward is being able to play any class and have each class within several GRs for the performance of their top build.

Why do you think it is fair that >95% of top solo clears are from a single class?

4 Likes

You still haven’t pointed out what the reward is, and why should anyone give a toss who ranks and who doesn’t…

1 Like

It is not about the leaderboard. It is about how effective one can clear a similar GR with similar skill and dedication.

For clarity do you think it is good game design to have one class clear GR 150 when a similar player playing another class only clears GR140?

You keep asking “Who cares?”. Apparently, Blizzard has rationally thought about this issue as illustrated here:

3 Likes

do not worry …
you gona have 5th and even 6th… just wait when the bot in the top of leader boards hit solo 170. blizzard will do it as always they do, the cheapest and esiest way, just to keep diablo3 breathing. dont worry son.

Irrelevant because both players would’ve copied the only viable cookiecutter build available to their class.

And I couldn’t give a fart what Blizzard has to say, because what Blizzard says and what Blizzard does is always 100% mismatching. Whoever is writing up those moronic blogs clearly has no clue what he’s on about, and does NOT play the game.

True balance would be EVERY set and every good planned-out LoN/LoD build for every class being able to clear 140+ solo. The reward being the sense of achievement of reaching that “finish line” that you’ve spent so much time grinding for.

But no, Blizzard gimps every other build and set to force us into using whatever crap they want us to use next. Balance is whatever Blizzard wants it to be.

And that negates EVERYTHING.

So I couldn’t care less about power creep. Give us that 4th cube slot and do it NOW.

5 Likes

Yes, the Necro is the one class that benefits the most from the 4th cube slot supporting weapons.

But then we have builds like Condemn Sader which is made easier to gear by being able to cube both Blade of Prophecy and Frydehr’s Wrath for max multipliers and then equipping Norvald’s for more damage (also much easier to get good rolls for Norvalds than the condemn legs).

Similarly, IK HOTA also benefits from being able to cube both Gavel of Judgement and Remorseless and equipping Istvans.

I use to be an advocate of keeping a permanent 4th cube slot to non-damage multiplier legendary powers (i.e. just utility, defense and those weapon’s with special effects like Shard of Hate) and to some degree I still am but there are certain situations where I can see benefit in allowing damage multipliers.

Higher gem levels, for one. Are you unfamiliar how powerful level gems can be in D3? Don’t be a jerk, bro. I responded to your post in a constructive, reasoned way.

Website has 2 150 GR Wizard clears, not 7. Are you sure about your numbers? Is the website not updating?

Frankly, there are many things I diagree with. First, you claim that what Bizzard say and does is 100% mismatching. Therefore, even one counter example will prove the fallacy of your argument. For example. Blizzard decided that they would remove the AH and they did in fact remove the AH.

When did Blizzard gimp IK barb, UE6 multishot, etc…? Clearly, Blizzard does not gimp every build. You claim to want powercreep because it gives diversity but at the same time unwilling to play any build that might have been nerfed due to being OP even though the build typically plays no differently except has reduced potential.

When I ask for something from a company, I tend not to say “NOW” while insulting their integrity.

The data is a bit outdated, but it was the worldwide seasonal leaderboards from maxroll.gg

For wizards now, there are 14 seasonal GR 150 clears. See:

https://maxroll.gg/ranks/?lb-type=season&n=22&cores=sc&types=wizard&regions=eu,us,tw,cn&maxrows=1000

1 Like

I can’t see the 4th slot being permanent unless they gimp the Necromancer. I don’t see that happening since that’s the only real money maker for D3 right now.

4th cube slot makes me want to play all the classes. I probably won’t play wizard after this season.

6 Likes

That’s the point. I am playing Wizard this season (even tho necro is OP) just because it’s FUN :slight_smile: and no… I’m not going to play it after season or next season simply because i won’t be able to have good builds for it.

2 Likes

4th cube should be permanent. If this means certain class becoming outlier, this outlier should be brought down like other outliers in the past.

D3 at this stage should be providing more options and reducing pigeon hole gearing.

6 Likes

The 4th slot makes the M6 Cluster Bombs build more on par with other DH builds in terms if toughness, so I’m 100% for it. Then it only need a dmg boost to become viable again. I have suggested more toughness for M6 for a long time but it never happens, so the 4th cube slot is an easy way out.

5 Likes

Will never happen;
I use that slot to make myself immune to arcane.