The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2022!

The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2022!

Our anniversary event is fast approaching! Prepare to face mysterious cultists and enter a portal into Diablo's past.

View Full Article

12 Likes

When’s the next Diablo 4 class reveal?

The day when I have to go back to work. The darkening of my life. :unamused:

7 Likes

It would probably be too much to ask but could Blood Shards (or whatever those red helmet shards are called.) be upgraded with Embers? That would make this years Darkening event something truly special.

3 Likes

Oh that will be Monday. O’noice.
Thank you blizz.

If they were super clever they’d redo the soulstone shard reward to fit the season theme. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome Blizz, thanks!

From the article…

The cultists will appear on December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 31 at 4 p.m. PST.

For the Europeans amongst us…

PST to GMT Convertor
PST to CET Convertor

Cultists Appear (dropping the notes)…
16:00 PST December 31st = 00:00 GMT January 1st = 01:00 CET January 1st

Portal (to access the dungeon)…
16:00 PST January 3rd = 00:00 GMT January 4th = 01:00 CET January 4th

Event Ends…
16:00 PST January 31st = 00:00 GMT February 1st = 01:00 February 1st

5 Likes

Now this is the kind of stuff we have been craving!

I can’t wait to give this a go, it will be my first time.

1 Like

This again? We had this before with the same rewards. Why not bring something different to the table? Maybe a new pet, at least? Say a fallen angel? Or maybe bring the 4th cube slot back and make it perma? :slight_smile: that would be sweet.

3 Likes

I am very happy that I am so old now that playing Diablo on New Years sounds more exciting than any sort of partying lol

10 Likes

I’ll go and collect the Red Shard for my Hardcore character. We’ve been doing a lot of “nostalgia” play in that mode - even got Liv Moore to finally drop.

If you have not played it before, create a new toon and do it solo. Only use the items you receive in the event. It should take about 2 hours if you do everything. When you go to the old portal do not hit of get hit by anything. After you kill Diablo, you will need to do other things to receive all of the rewards.

2 Likes

how about giving us players who’ve done it every year since it was first announced, something new…there’s no point in us doing it again for nothing. Sorry, but yawn.

3 Likes

you suck the fun out of it. its just a nice change of pace from endless rifting, bounties or campaign. and its fun. so shut up and dont do it if you dont want to.

5 Likes

How about a new helm gem each year, one that actually does something? :gem:

4 Likes

i got it: a modified soul shard that drops from diablo that provides all helmet socket bonuses, and you get to keep it.

basically, the current seasonal theme, except you only get one kind of gem, and get to keep it.

are there any new rewards?

1 Like

so you tell the guy to shut up and stop asking for new rewards, and then tell your buddy how cool his asking for new stuff is?

your toxicity has no bounds.

1 Like